Chrome Browser Add-on

Redshirt

techywarrior

1. Left column in Active Connections in dash have not the logo, only "Chrome Companion" caption.

2. Clicking to the Chrome Companion link in central column, popping up poor Remote Control  window. It is by design?

5305a88d7dbe5_cc.png

It looks like Luke will need to change that. I tried to see if there is some information I can pass but there isn't.

• 4 months later...
techywarrior

There hasn't been a lot of activity lately on the Chrome extension (Chrome Companion) but I am working on some pretty cool new functionality.

I'd like to get a dialog of what new functionality people are looking for so I can create a roadmap of features for future versions.

I'd also like some help creating a logo for the companion so it can show in the web client's Active Connections list with a graphic. If any artists would like to come up with something please PM me or post here. @@shaefurr @@bloodtaker

Edited by techywarrior

snazy2000

Everyone will love the new features being worked on :P

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

shaefurr

Hm, talking about the colors and logo again made me want to try something more simple.

53bd9219085b3_preview4.jpg

techywarrior

I'm partial to 7 but I like 6 too. At least it looks like we are pretty close. I'd like to get the icon in the next MBS beta because I think the new functionality may be ready around the time of the release level server release and more people are going to want to use the Chrome extension.

Cheesegeezer

Looks much better, more work on puzzle piece required tho lol

another option is making a round version of our regular logo and breaking it into three puzzle pieces

• Like 1

shaefurr

Yeah, problem with the chrome colors is they look good in a circle, throw them into another shape and its instant garbage

mediacowboy

Why not all of then and make it a end user choice?

techywarrior

Yeah, problem with the chrome colors is they look good in a circle, throw them into another shape and its instant garbage

lol.

I defer to the mob... I mean loyal users.

techywarrior

Why not all of then and make it a end user choice?

It's just the icon that will show in the Active Devices list in the web client. There is no functionality at the moment to customize those. Nor do I really think it would be worthwhile.

Also, at least for me, since this is a separate product (in the loosest sense of the word) I'd like to keep the branding consistent. At least that way if you see Chrome Companion in the Chrome store the icon matches etc.

shaefurr

lol, here's your puzzle piece, I had to take the blue center out because it was just horrible looking, this one is.. slightly better. I'll try what Luke said

53bd98344db02_preview5.jpg

• Like 1

techywarrior

lol, here's your puzzle piece, I had to take the blue center out because it was just horrible looking, this one is.. slightly better. I'll try what Luke said

I take it you don't like just the plain puzzle piece? I thought it was a good idea... maybe that's why no one pays me to do design work... only coding :)

techywarrior

Looks like I am getting out voted. Lets go with #6 then. May as well keep the masses happy :) And I do like that version as well.

• Like 1

shaefurr

No i dont mind it at all, its the ugly chrome colors lol. I dont think the one I just posted is that bad, but i dont think its great or anything either.

shaefurr

ok im gonna go ahead and say this is probably not what you were talking about, lol

53bd9d63f1c6c_puzzlelogo.png

• Like 1

shaefurr

Or in chrome colors

53bda04fcc240_C14.png

53bd9ff79cccb_preview6.jpg

Edited by shaefurr

Cheesegeezer

53bd98344db02_preview5.jpg

That looks pretty darn good actually :D

shaefurr

Opinions on this for the web client icon? Its' a little hacked together since we went through like 11 iterations of this icon already. I'll fix it before finalizing anything.

53bd855b962c1_C11.png

53bd85c005fba_preview2.jpg

• Like 3