Chrome Browser Add-on

Redshirt

And can you also post in the app announcements thread so Scott can blast it all over our social networks? Thanks.

techywarrior

Well done! Can you do a blog post? Thanks.

I better wait for my girlfriend to get home.. she's a copy editor and marketing & communications manager :)

I'll get something nice written tonight and post it in the thread and the blog.

• Like 2

For anyone trying this out, you apparently have to have a user that is allowed to manage the server AND is not hidden from login screens (no option yet for manual login).

Nice start techywarrior!

• Like 1

techywarrior

For anyone trying this out, you apparently have to have a user that is allowed to manage the server AND is not hidden from login screens (no option yet for manual login).

Nice start techywarrior!

You don't have to have a user that is allowed to manage the server. I have a user like that and it gets notifications fine.

You do need to have a user that is not hidden. I'll probably add manual login soon because it's easy. I just didn't think that it was needed.

• Like 1

You don't have to have a user that is allowed to manage the server. I have a user like that and it gets notifications fine.

You do need to have a user that is not hidden. I'll probably add manual login soon because it's easy. I just didn't think that it was needed.

Hmm, I wasn't getting any info on notifications until I logged in with my admin user.  I checked again and I am seeing them now with the other users.  Not sure what caused the lack of notifications earlier.  Thanks for clearing that up!

Totally cosmetic but can you put a little air between the user name, user image and "sign out" button?

I also just noticed that links in the messages aren't clickable but that's a problem in our notification window on the dashboard too.

• Like 1

ScottIsAFool

Just spotted this, it's on twitter/facebook now. One bug I can see, if a user doesn't have a profile image, it shows a broken image.

techywarrior

Totally cosmetic but can you put a little air between the user name, user image and "sign out" button?

I also just noticed that links in the messages aren't clickable but that's a problem in our notification window on the dashboard too.

I was worried that I would run out of space. I just published a major update so will probably take a break from it, see the feedback and then make a list for the next version. I'll revisit the header spacing and see what I can do. Do you think I could replace the logout button with an icon? I was worried people wouldn't be able to figure it out.

Just spotted this, it's on twitter/facebook now. One bug I can see, if a user doesn't have a profile image, it shows a broken image.

Yea, I know about that one but I sort of hoped most people had images :) I'll put it on my list for the next release now that 1.1 is out.

There are a lot of major changes in 1.1 so please let me know if you spot anything else.

techywarrior

It self updates, not sure how often or if it's only on re-opening the browser or anything. It's all handled by Google so I don't really know the details. lol

techywarrior

If you don't want to wait for the auto update you can click "developer mode" then click "update extensions now".

• 1 month later...
AlwinHummels

Can't login any more, "username or password incorrect" I can normal logon on the webUI only the chrome addon refuse my login.

I use Chromium Version 34.0.1790.0 (245291) (thats a 64bits version off chrome)

Edited by AlwinHummels

techywarrior

@@Luke have you updated the server to no longer accept requests without the authenticated header? If so, or if it's coming soon, let me know so I can work on updating the Chrome Extension.

• Like 1

techywarrior

New version posted to the Chrome store. Look out for version 1.2.0

You can force the update if you know how or wait a day or two and it should update automatically.

The only change is that it now sends the Authentication header info which the newest server version requires. Because of this you will now see the Chrome Companion in your list of active connections!

Enjoy.

• Like 2

New version posted to the Chrome store. Look out for version 1.2.0

You can force the update if you know how or wait a day or two and it should update automatically.

The only change is that it now sends the Authentication header info which the newest server version requires. Because of this you will now see the Chrome Companion in your list of active connections!

Enjoy.

Well done, it working here :)

AlwinHummels

Works fine on Chromium to ;-) thanks for the quick fix.

Edited by AlwinHummels

WWWestern

... you will now see the Chrome Companion in your list of active connections!

1. Left column in Active Connections in dash have not the logo, only "Chrome Companion" caption.

2. Clicking to the Chrome Companion link in central column, popping up poor Remote Control  window. It is by design?

5305a88d7dbe5_cc.png

swhitmore

Thank you. Great app, well done! Would it be worth adding the running tasks to the extension window?

Good day,

I did not get notify, but when I open the dashboard they are server and plugins, I know this by design tho.

It will be great if we can get notify of the update.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advanced.

My best

techywarrior

1. Left column in Active Connections in dash have not the logo, only "Chrome Companion" caption.

2. Clicking to the Chrome Companion link in central column, popping up poor Remote Control  window. It is by design?

5305a88d7dbe5_cc.png

The lack of logo is by design (I/we don't have one for the companion app). I'll have to look into the URL issue and possibly just disable the link.

Thank you. Great app, well done! Would it be worth adding the running tasks to the extension window?

I could add another tab that shows the running tasks. I'll add that to the list for the next version (although based on my schedule I don't know when that will be exactly)

Good day,

I did not get notify, but when I open the dashboard they are server and plugins, I know this by design tho.

It will be great if we can get notify of the update.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advanced.

My best

I think I understand what you want. You want to see somewhere in the app that there are updates available. Most likely if I add this it would need to be in the server tab and not as an indicator in the toolbar. Would that still be useful? Also, I need to see how easy it will be to get the list for the plugins. I know getting that status for the server is pretty easy.