Show your desktop

LiquidFX

Aussiedroid

Well time for me to weigh in :)

Here is my current desktop config, running rainmeter and custom windows black transparent theme plus a few other small things. Dual screen set, hence the wide resolution. Hopefully they upload okies .. if not I will split them up.

Used to use Rocketdock and Objectdock but found them a bit buggy so just rocking the standard taskbar now.

Will post a couple shots:

(For some reason the uploads are downscaling to a thumbnail size! - can't figure out how to post full pic so you can download at the dropbox link if you want a closer look :) ) 

post-1585-0-03447700-1389773862_thumb.jpg

post-1585-0-32616200-1389774209_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aussiedroid
  • Like 1

If you guys want to see some extremely wild desktop modification check out my old stopping ground:

Www.pixelfuckers.org

But beware, if you post a screenshot of your desktop, they are extremely critical.

These guys do a lot more than rain meter.

Check out "uxthemepatcher"

Edited by chef

fantaxp7

This past weekend I actually got a new desk, new monitor and rebuilt my workstation pc.

Monoprice gives a 3 ft. cord, hence why the tower is on the desk currently and things are still a mess...work in progress.

52d6b241c2a5d_20140115110631.jpg

shaefurr

This past weekend I actually got a new desk, new monitor and rebuilt my workstation pc.

Monoprice gives a 3 ft. cord, hence why the tower is on the desk currently and things are still a mess...work in progress.

What case is that? I love corner L desks, any other desk is just not awesome :)

so glad I got sucked into this, i havnt done anything the past 2 days except play with the desktop  :P

52d6e8d64c757_desktop.jpg

• Like 1

shaefurr

Last pics then im moving on to something useful :P Pics are from a year or two back, I dont exactly have a desk.. but it works :P

900x900px-LL-d256dbd9_sys1.jpeg

900x900px-LL-b30afe65_sys2.jpeg

shaefurr

ill more than likely roll back to the default 8 themes, ive tried 10+ custom themes made in WSB and this is what it does to MBT :(

jap6.jpg

fantaxp7

What case is that? I love corner L desks, any other desk is just not awesome :)

so glad I got sucked into this, i havnt done anything the past 2 days except play with the desktop  :P

52d6e8d64c757_desktop.jpg

Thanks

It is the ever-so-popular Ikea Galant.

The case is a Lian-Li, the form is like a micro-atx in size but will hold full atx mobo's.

And I will most certainly be mimicking your desktop setup!

Edited by fantaxp7

shaefurr

If you need anything here's all the stuff I used in mine, the windows 8/8.1 theme has its own instructions.

https://www.mediafire.com/?2ih8wmxgp7ai21x

Rainmeter:

clock from Simple Blue (changed size/color)

meters from SimplyNova (customized / changed color)

recycle bin from Techno-Logic (changed color)

Still working on the icons, some are from the HydroPro set

Originals for the rainmeter skins are here

https://www.mediafire.com/?vbes8923pc07ued

• Like 2

Aussiedroid

Hey there @@shaefurr - Sorry to see u having issues, your theme looked great. Looking at you theme looks like u have a similar taste to me with the black transparent-ish look.

I don't know if the work with Win8 as I use 7, but have you tried little programs that run on start called 'BlackGlassEnhanced' and 'Full Glass Explorer'? These I use with more standard all black theme and works well. Should be able to find on deviantart but can share them if u can't find. Long shot but thought I bring it up  :)

shaefurr

Hey there @@shaefurr - Sorry to see u having issues, your theme looked great. Looking at you theme looks like u have a similar taste to me with the black transparent-ish look.

I don't know if the work with Win8 as I use 7, but have you tried little programs that run on start called 'BlackGlassEnhanced' and 'Full Glass Explorer'? These I use with more standard all black theme and works well. Should be able to find on deviantart but can share them if u can't find. Long shot but thought I bring it up  :)

Yeah I tried them, settled on system transparency for the moment, it seems it isnt the transparency thats a problem, its the themes use the classic style shell with the ugly progress bars :P

Not a big deal just makes MBT look a bit ugly to me. 

I do get a bit of weird glitchy borders around the screen in MBT, ill see if a different transparency fixes that.

Edited by shaefurr

Aussiedroid

Yeah that is strange, never seen that with Win7. Thought it might be a fancy theme or something but they must be missing 'something' so defaulting back to basic shell graphics.

Yeah I tried them, settled on system transparency for the moment, it seems it isnt the transparency thats a problem, its the themes use the classic style shell with the ugly progress bars :P

Not a big deal just makes MBT look a bit ugly to me. 

I do get a bit of weird glitchy borders around the screen in MBT, ill see if a different transparency fixes that.

You need to edit a .msstyles file to change it, and numbers for the progress bar varies from theme to theme.

Hope this helps.

shaefurr

You need to edit a .msstyles file to change it, and numbers for the progress bar varies from theme to theme.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip, tried editing the progress bar in WSB in several places, changes in windows but not in MBT, works fine if I start a new theme from scratch, but there's no way im making a whole theme lol. Oh well ill live with it, im just being OCD over the resume bars :P

trusselo

:o  I want to game on that setup

maps/music internet on the top, widescreen gaming on the bottom

shaefurr

Well, never got the theme to work in MBT without ugly resume bars so I rolled back to the windows 8.1 default theme, but.. I did make a matching torrent rainmeter skin.

52db5826aa8ff_torrents.jpg

• Like 1