Resume not always showing on Android TV

xXSagaiaXx

xXSagaiaXx

The movie, The Princess Bride doesn't show on the resume row. When I go into the movie info screen it doesn't show any resume point. Same result happened in the web client as well. I tested the web client after I sent my server log so that one wasn't in log.

Nope @@ebr, Just happened again. I was testing this movie when I sent the above post. I tried playing the Princess Bride multiple times from different spots and it would show a resume point, I exited out of emby on android tv and go back in and it would show up on resume. I played 3 episodes of How I Met Your Mother and noticed The Princess Bride was no longer showing up to resume. I tried playing The Princess Bride where I last left off and played for 2 min and backed out to the info page and showed a resume point. backed out to emby home screen and it wasnt showing up. Sent a log from android tv, user is "Home".

Same result in web client as well.

All of that sequence still sounds to me like something else is modifying your watched/resume data.  Do you have anything else on your system modifying your metadata?  Do you have anything on the system that logs into the same user ID?  Is that user ID shared with multiple users?

1) Try removing Trakt...

2) You had more than one Shield simultaneously connected during this test?

xXSagaiaXx

All of that sequence still sounds to me like something else is modifying your watched/resume data. Do you have anything else on your system modifying your metadata? Do you have anything on the system that logs into the same user ID? Is that user ID shared with multiple users?

Nothing else runs on that server except emby, well maybe windows defender. Nothing else writes to any Metadata, just whatever emby writes. All my devices sign into the "Home" user account. I have 2 shields running, not always at the same time. I do have the server client open in chrome on my server at all times.

Is there any way the location which emby writes the Metadata for the resume point be divulged so that I can monitor?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

xXSagaiaXx

1) Try removing Trakt...

2) You had more than one Shield simultaneously connected during this test?

I will try removing trakt again. It didn't improve issue last time I did that.

I have multiple shields connected simultaneously during the test and sometimes the resume point will save and other times it will not save.

xXSagaiaXx

Well the android tv app reported the end time to the server

2017-02-07 21:52:03.6798 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app AndroidTv 1.3.19g playing The Princess Bride. Stopped at 4676650 ms

Maybe the app just didn't refresh the home screen? what happens if you close the app and come back in?
Sometimes it will show the movie to resume but more often than not it won't show up for resume.

I have noticed this happening with media that I have been converting myself at 1920x1080. It seems the media I have been converting to 1280x720 is resuming with no issues.

Both are using same compression settings except for the resolution.

I don't think it is related to the media in any way.

Going over your log closely, I notice two things:

1) The other Shield was logging in at the exact same time you were stopping playback.  This really shouldn't matter but is potentially interesting.

2) Even more interesting is the fact that it looks like there may have been a progress report received after  the stopped report.  I thought I had taken care of this possibility in the app but maybe there is another loophole somewhere.  Maybe requests are piling up either on the app or server side and not getting processed sequentially.

I need to try and be sure this doesn't happen from the app side but, Luke, is there any way that we could make the server ignore any progress report that is not between a start and stop report to safe-guard against this?