Resume not always showing on Android TV

xXSagaiaXx

• 1 month later...
xXSagaiaXx

Any news? Thanks !

Sorry Luke I haven't had time to test in a controlled setting. I will this weekend. It is discouraging trying to figure out cause it seems like it's only my issue and no one else is having, so that makes me think it's something with my server. I tried today watching a movie from my phone from a remote location and got the same result with the not resuming.This proves that it's not ATV. I thought perhaps I didnt have permissions set properly within windows so nothing had write access. I enabled but still having problem.

• 2 weeks later...
xXSagaiaXx

I had a server crash so I had to reinstall windows and setup emby from scratch. I have tried a couple of movies so far and still having the no resume issue about 50% of the time. I have came to a some conclusions:

1. It's not the codec cause I'm getting this with .mkv and .mp4

2. I find that it seems to be happening half way through playing

3. It's not just ATV, android client and I tried with web client and had the no resume happen there as well

4. It's not the harddrive cause right before server crash I had put movies on a newer, bigger drive

5. I'm beginning to think it's something with my hardware or network setup

@@ebr how does emby store the resume state of media, and where is the location so I can monitor.

You've enabled syncing user data to nfo's, so most likely another program is altering the saved data. try turning that off.

xXSagaiaXx

so I unchecked what you had suggested and still didnt work. for example I played Dealpool and would resume fine but when I got to around the 1 hour and 9 minute mark it wouldnt save the resume point no matter how many times I tried.

here's my log.

server-63620804762.zip

The data is not anywhere you can easily see it.

What is the reported length of the item you were last trying?  Can you show the media info for it from the web client?

Also, what are your resume settings under Dashboard->Playback->Resume Settings?

yea and actually, since you enabled nfo syncing, for that user the nfo files will be the primary source.

xXSagaiaXx

yea and actually, since you enabled nfo syncing, for that user the nfo files will be the primary source.

I disabled nfo syncing as you had suggested earlier

xXSagaiaXx

The data is not anywhere you can easily see it.

What is the reported length of the item you were last trying?  Can you show the media info for it from the web client?

Also, what are your resume settings under Dashboard->Playback->Resume Settings?

Attached screenshots for your questions

post-1840-0-05759000-1485293501_thumb.png

post-1840-0-88305800-1485293530_thumb.png

xXSagaiaXx

OK so try to play something, stop in the middle, and see what happens. Thanks.

I've tried 4 different movies, all of either mkv or mp4 and at diffferent time and all have resumed fine. I haven't changed any settings. Like I've said in the past this seems to happen at random times. As soon as it happens I'll post another log.

• 2 weeks later...
xXSagaiaXx

I was going to start a test folder within the current stable build of emby. I updated to the latest stable 3.2. I have noticed now that the resume point is being retained and is working fine. I originally thought the movies that the media that I was encoding to 1920x1080 was having the resume issue because the media that I encoded to 1280x720 didnt seem to have resume issues. Media that was encoded by someone else be it 1920x1080 or 1280x720 seemed to resume fine. I will report back if I start having the resume issues again.

Edited by xXSagaiaXx

xXSagaiaXx

Nope @@ebr, Just happened again. I was testing this movie when I sent the above post. I tried playing the Princess Bride multiple times from different spots and it would show a resume point, I exited out of emby on android tv and go back in and it would show up on resume. I played 3 episodes of How I Met Your Mother and noticed The Princess Bride was no longer showing up to resume. I tried playing The Princess Bride where I last left off and played for 2 min and backed out to the info page and showed a resume point. backed out to emby home screen and it wasnt showing up. Sent a log from android tv, user is "Home".

Same result in web client as well.

server-63622083686.zip

Edited by xXSagaiaXx

Well the android tv app reported the end time to the server

2017-02-07 21:52:03.6798 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app AndroidTv 1.3.19g playing The Princess Bride. Stopped at 4676650 ms

Maybe the app just didn't refresh the home screen? what happens if you close the app and come back in?