Emby Server for Thecus NAS

bebaldin

bebaldin

Just started working with Emby Server on the Thecus and have run into a problem.

The module seems to 'go to sleep' after a couple of hours and cannot be reached again until the NAS is logged into, the Emby configuration page opened and the server stopped and then restarted. Once done, I can regain control of the Emby program after about a minute. I really want to move this from an existing installation on an old workstation to the NAS, but if Emby isn't available on demand from the home entertainment center through the NAS I will not be able to do it. 

Any ideas how to keep Emby alive? The NAS runs 24/7 and all power saving options are off including drive spin-down. 

outkastm

The module cannot go to sleep. When you access the webpage of Thecus Emby module is it show the Emby is still running ? Which NAS version you have ? Can you post the log file ? No issues here on x64 OS5 and x64 OS7

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by outkastm

bebaldin

I have a Thecus N5500. Usually when this happens I cannot get the Emby module page to open at all unless I reopen the webpage for the NAS itself first. Sometimes, like just now, the page did open and Emby shows Emby is stopped. 

I will send you the last three logs by PM. Thanks!

Depechie

Seems I also have this... not looked at it in detail yet, but sometimes no client app will be able to connect to the Emby server running on the NAS.

Not even through the Emby web client.

Only thing to do is go to the module website and stop / start the server. After that it runs great again.

Now my NAS will shut down each night and come up again in the afternoon. So maybe that's why I haven't noticed this behaviour much yet, because Emby is restarted each day.

I'm on a N5550

outkastm

I will update Mono to 4.4.2 and Emby to latest version, then you can check again. But i'm on holiday now...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Depechie

No rush :)

Greatful already you did the work and we can use it!

Have fun on your holiday 

Edited by Glenn

bebaldin

You may want to wait until after the 3.0.6050 update is updated - there is a problem with playback on that release being reported. Thanks. 

bebaldin

Let's keep our fingers crossed  :)

So far so good. Been up and running for several days after the upgrade with no stoppage issues. 

bebaldin

Have run into a small issue with the Emby for Thecus. Some of the library menu items do not display correctly and are not updating like they do on the WIndows version. Attached are some screenshots. See that the generic links appear but not the dynamic pictures that get made of of the library content.

You will also see that the collections plug in does not show an image correctly, and if you open it the collection images are almost all broken. On the windows version they all pull in a custom image of the movie collection. I have tried removing and readding the plug in and refreshing the metadata but neither helped. The image files appear to be there but they don't render in the software on Thecus:

57ba76591fef8_emby4.png

57ba74cb984a1_emby3.png

57ba740084a98_emby2.png

57ba7373815c8_emby1.png

It looks like your version of ImageMagick doesn't support the PixelSetOpacity operation that we're trying to use:

What is the image magick version number?

Application Path: /raid0/data/module/Emby/bin/Emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	PixelSetOpacity
	System.EntryPointNotFoundException
	  at (wrapper managed-to-native) ImageMagickSharp.PixelWandInterop:PixelSetOpacity (intptr,double)
	  at ImageMagickSharp.PixelWand.set_Opacity (Double value) <0xb3d15090 + 0x0001f> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at ImageMagickSharp.PixelWand..ctor (System.String color, Double opacity) <0xb3d14988 + 0x0003b> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.StripCollageBuilder.BuildThumbCollageWand (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 paths, Int32 width, Int32 height) <0xaf16f6f8 + 0x00203> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.StripCollageBuilder.BuildThumbCollage (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 paths, System.String outputPath, Int32 width, Int32 height) <0xaf16f658 + 0x0002f> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.ImageMagickEncoder.CreateImageCollage (MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.ImageCollageOptions options) <0xaf16f3b0 + 0x000d3> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor+<CreateImageCollage>d__46.MoveNext () <0xaf16eff8 + 0x0029d> in <filename unknown>:0 

Ok, you're running ImageMagick 7. We have not yet added support for that. We're still working with 6.9. We'll try to support 7 soon.

bebaldin

Ok, you're running ImageMagick 7. We have not yet added support for that. We're still working with 6.9. We'll try to support 7 soon.

OK thanks. I still haven't moved Emby to production yet on the Thecus (still running on a Windows 7 box for now) so I will look forward to it!