Media Browser Server Locking Up Computer.

NVisme

NVisme

For some weird reason, almost every time I try to stream something recently from any app (android, PC), it is crashing the PC running the server.  Anyone else having this issue?  Any help would be appreciated...

NVisme

Ok, today I was starting a movie for my kids, a 720P .MKV file, on my android phone running 6.0.1 while driving (although this same issue happens on my windows media PC running windows 7, and my android projector running 4.1).. It started playing just fine, but it acted like it had a hiccup from bad cell reception but it never recovered.  The app was not responding, so I hit the home button and logged into my remote desktop app and the computer did not respond.  I manually stopped the app, then tried to reopen the EMBY app and it could not find the server as well.  When I returned home, the computer was frozen as expected.  This issue has happened at least 15 times now, always while trying to stream to one of my other devices.  I will attach a sever log from the session when it crashed, hopefully it helps...

emby_log.txt

Hi, this is just a video transcoding log. can you also provide the regular emby server log? (in the same folder).thanks.

I would suggest going to Metadata settings and disabling features that you don't care about. I would also suggest turning off the library realtime monitor under Library -> Advanced.

NVisme

Is windows by version 6.xxxx, Vista?

No, this is Windows 10 Pro, version 1511.  I am currently on build 10586.494