Hi Emby crowd!
I have an emby server visible on the internet via SSL/HTTPS only. My server has DDNS so is accessed via URL rather than IP address.
I'll be off on a family holiday soon and we're looking to be able to watch our Emby movies on the TV in our destination.
The problem is that I have found that Emby app support for HTTPS seems to be quite patchy...
- iOS works perfectly with HTTPS. I can watch movies from other networks, from 3G/LTE etc no probs... but of course is is not a big screen family experience.
- Samsung TV app works well - family members are able to stream from my Emby server... but I wont be sideloading TV apps on someone elses TV
- Amazon fire stick - not working with HTTPS. It fails when trying to select an HTTPS address
- Emby sideloaded to Now TV box (aka a roku 3) - does not work with HTTPs
- Chromecast - TBC need to test it today
One other option is to use the (very pricey) Apple lightning HDMI adapter to watch from iOS app on the TV.
Does anyone know if the Apple lightning HDMI adapter works with Emby app?
Does anyone have any good (well proven) ideas on how to stream Emby via SSL? Which apps/devices will work? What do you guys do?
Note that I have direct access to the wifi network at my travel destination. Its not a hotel wifi with captive portal thank god.
(The amazon fire stick is potentially the holy grail of Emby travel since it supports hotel wifi... but sadly not SSL connections)
Big thanks in advance for you inputs!!
Edited by hijinx, 28 July 2016 - 08:09 AM.