Is Emby Roku team going to update client look/feel?

butch79

Koleckai Silvestri

Seems others have beat me to the punch in providing screenshots. Which is good since I don't know how to take a screenshot on the Roku anyway. Would have to resort to photos from my phone.

The images in that link are definitely from the Roku. I have a Tablo and use the app with it. It's kind of slow but it works.

Though I would probably drop the Tablo if we had a guide for the wife in Emby. Not at the top of my list though. Ready to start testing the new Emby app.

Okay, then I guess they managed to copy their Android interface exactly for consistency.

• Like 1

Allan Cameron

Nice job on the new beta client. Works really well so far and have not came across a single issue yet.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to an official release.

• Like 1

chattojimnow

:( well if you find a way to let the users that need side load version or need to make sure it works im sure @mattg8 and i would love to run it through its paces

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

The new Emby Preview looks good and has a modern feel to it. No problems using it on my aging Roku 3. A couple of comments, though...

The seek and buffer bars are purple and they should be the Emby green for consistency

I love that you have discrete buttons for Resume and Play on the item detail page. Hopefully, this gets brought forward to Emby Theater and the Web Client as well. Getting rid of the popup used by those clients would be nice.

Finally, when manually setting up my server it was looking for a server on the 192.168.X.X subnet. I know this is a popular home networking subnet and almost everyone uses this because routers default to it. However, the client should look on the same subnet as the device. In my case, that is 10.0.0.X. It wasn't hard to fix but would be a nice feature to do that.

The seek and buffer bars are purple and they should be the Emby green for consistency.

That is the default template for the sgnode based videoplayer. The purple should look familiarly roku-ish. There also isnt much on the OSD, just the title. I dont think there has been enough time spent there to customize that node.

There are still some things missing, but for a "from the ground up" effort it shows promise.

Edited by speechles

pclausen

Works great!

Couple of things:

1. Movies are limited to the first 1,000 titles

2. Would like the ability to sort movies by the same metadata that is available in the web interface (Name, IMDb Rating, Critic Rating, Date Added, etc, etc), and flip between Ascending and Descending sort order.

• Like 1

butch79

Hello All,

My hat is off to you all. Great gob. I really like the new interface ALOT! How do we request new features?

Features Request include:

-Add Delete as option if user is authorized to delete content on EMBY server. Really need this so that the TV shows I download can be deleted after I watch them. I have asked for this before on the old client and they didn't want to add it for whatever reason. Really need this.

-Give options so that Latest, Continue Watching, Etc are options and it what order if multiple are selected. For me I just want Latest. Others may want multiple items and would like to see that we can change the order of where they are at on the screen.

-A-Z on side of List all items. Allows us to go to far left or right of screen to select a letter to quickly find a show if we don't quite remember the name to search for

-Some file types do not play. I am sure this is a bug that will get fixed before production release.

-Live TV as others have said. Really would like a grid schedule like in the web interface. I understand this will come before production release. I a hopeful that dev can make the grid schedule.

Koleckai Silvestri

Couldn't use the beta app to playback 720p video of recent television (not livetv or recorded from Emby's server). Video played back find in the web app and the regular Emby client.

@@ebr does the Roku beta work alongside the standard app ? or would it replace it? as if I just missed a daily deal for £20 on a new Roku the other day too...

mediacowboy

@@ebr does the Roku beta work alongside the standard app ? or would it replace it? as if I just missed a daily deal for £20 on a new Roku the other day too...

The beta works right along with the original app and the blue neon app with no issues. I am currently running all three on my bedroom Roku.

Couldn't use the beta app to playback 720p video of recent television (not livetv or recorded from Emby's server). Video played back find in the web app and the regular Emby client.

Can you please create a new post with details of this?  Thanks.

mellomade

Nice job on this guys!  I played around with it for a bit and it really feels like using the web interface.  Nicely done!  

• Like 1

I was real excited to try this out but I cannot login to my server.  I am not connected by "Emby Connect".   I know this is Beta, but I hope this helps

2017-01-15 18:06:52.4350 Info HttpClient: Checking for cache file C:\Users\RE\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache\httpclient\f70ca6622474da8168a3b6c06f651a16
2017-01-15 18:06:52.4350 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.0.100. Time: 7ms. http://192.168.0.100:8096/emby/Packages/Updates?PackageType=System
2017-01-15 18:06:52.4790 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.0.100. Time: 339ms. http://192.168.0.100:8096/emby/Users/de964c0bc64b463cac1663797e0c4697/Views
2017-01-15 18:07:55.5900 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.0.100:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json. UserAgent: Roku/DVP-7.50 (087.50E04101A)
2017-01-15 18:07:55.7956 Info UserManager: Authentication request for admin has succeeded.
2017-01-15 18:07:55.7956 Info SessionManager: Reissuing access token: 5d92ee5ae83a4a3bb91db12d5b35829d
2017-01-15 18:07:55.8106 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.1.2.0
Command line: C:\Users\RE\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Processor count: 8
Program data path: C:\Users\RE\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application directory: C:\Users\RE\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: appName
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<LogSessionActivity>d__51.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<AuthenticateNewSessionInternal>d__92.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService.<Post>d__15.MoveNext()
  at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
  at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.<Execute>d__15.MoveNext()
  at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__19.MoveNext()
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__61.MoveNext()
System.ArgumentNullException
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<LogSessionActivity>d__51.MoveNext()
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<AuthenticateNewSessionInternal>d__92.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService.<Post>d__15.MoveNext()
  at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
  at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.<Execute>d__15.MoveNext()
  at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__19.MoveNext()
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__61.MoveNext()

2017-01-15 18:07:55.8106 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 400 to 192.168.0.227. Time: 221ms. http://192.168.0.100:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json
2017-01-15 18:07:55.8106 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.0.100:8096/emby/System/ActivityLog/Entries?startIndex=0&limit=7&minDate=2017-01-14T23%3A07%3A55.811Z. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.87 Safari/537.36 OPR/42.0.2393.94
2017-01-15 18:07:55.8431 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.0.100. Time: 29ms. http://192.168.0.100:8096/emby/System/ActivityLog/Entries?startIndex=0&limit=7&minDate=2017-01-14T23%3A07%3A55.811Z
2017-01-15 18:08:03.8201 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.0.100:8096/emby/Users/de964c0bc64b463cac1663797e0c4697. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.87 Safari/537.36 OPR/42.0.2393.94
2017-01-15 18:08:03.8201 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.0.100. Time: 3ms. http://192.168.0.100:8096/emby/Users/de964c0bc64b463cac1663797e0c4697
2017-01-15 18:08:03.8531 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.0.100:8096/emby/System/Logs. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.87 Safari/537.36 OPR/42.0.2393.94
Edited by twos50

Happy2Play

Is this a duplicate posting?

Yep, other in in Roku Channel

Sorry I have deleted the previous posting. I think this is the appropriate place.  If not let me know

Edited by twos50

pclausen

Emby preview works great on the Roku 3 as previously posted, but it fails to launch on the Roku Ultra.  I get the Emby Preview splash page, but after about 4 seconds, I get dropped back to the Roku channel screen.  I don't see anything in the server logs since it never gets that far.