ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 49143 posts
  • Local time: 08:02 PM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:29 AM

POPULAR

To gauge interest...

What if you had the ability to "Forget" a series for the purposes of Next Up display.  That is, it would no longer show in Next Up - unless you watched another episode.

Sometimes you maybe watch a series for a while and, even though there is more of it or more is made later, maybe it isn't as good as the earlier seasons or maybe you just don't have time for it anymore.  So you'd like it to quit showing up in your Next Up list so it is less cluttered and you can focus on the series you are actually watching now.

If you start watching it again, the "forget" would be forgotten and it would start to show up in Next Up again.

• BAS, MrWebsmith, AdrianW and 74 others like this

#2 MrWebsmith OFFLINE  

MrWebsmith

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA, USA

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:34 AM

YES... a 1000 yes's for me lol

• CBers and diaz1510 like this

#3 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15325 posts
  • Local time: 01:02 AM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:36 AM

Don't they already filter down to the end of the Next Up TV list ??

I have quite a few different series in the list and the older ones are at the far right, sort of naturally forgetting about them, but still there nagging you to watch them   :)

If you Forget/Hide them, you would have to go looking for them if/when you remember them, unless you could create another view for old, unwatched TV series ;)

Edited by CBers, 13 June 2016 - 09:37 AM.

#4 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 49143 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:41 AM

Don't they already filter down to the end of the Next Up TV list ??

Yes, they do, but so do all of the shows you actually care about during their "off" period.  So, when a new one of those comes in, you have to wade through all of these to find it.

If you Forget/Hide them, you would have to go looking for them if/when you remember them, unless you could create another view for old, unwatched TV series ;)

Or, if this feature doesn't fit with your usage, just don't "forget" any series and it will never impact you.

• b0dyr0ck2006 and cayars like this

#5 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15325 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

After their "off" period, they'd be either at the front of the Next Up list or in Premieres wouldn't they ??

It might prove useful if/when it is implemented.

#6 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 49143 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

After their "off" period, they'd be either at the front of the Next Up list or in Premieres wouldn't they ??

That "Premieres" thing only exists in the ATV app.  It isn't a general Emby feature at this point.  This would be.

• MrWebsmith likes this

#7 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15325 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:06 AM

Ok, thanks.

#8 WelFedTed OFFLINE  

WelFedTed

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 12:02 PM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:56 PM

I would value this feature, it will also help with non-sequential series that don't make that much sense to track next-up for, like Nova Documentaries or the like.

• MrWebsmith, ginjaninja and maximumentropy like this

#9 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3735 posts
  • Local time: 05:02 PM

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:49 PM

Have been wanting this for some time. It would give more control over what it suggested to watch.

• MrWebsmith likes this

#10 computerprep OFFLINE  

computerprep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:29 AM

Definitely. For old unwatched / don't-care-about series... but also for families with little kids.

Different users could remove shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse from showing up in their "next up" queue

Or since some are worried about forgetting the show exists entirely, give us just one more queue that only appears when used: pinned next ups. This would be a queue that shows next up episodes for series that are favorited or something similar.

Definite +1 here.

Edited by computerprep, 20 June 2016 - 09:30 AM.

• b0dyr0ck2006 likes this

#11 JoshuaAJones OFFLINE  

JoshuaAJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

Definitely. For old unwatched / don't-care-about series... but also for families with little kids.

Different users could remove shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse from showing up in their "next up" queue

Or since some are worried about forgetting the show exists entirely, give us just one more queue that only appears when used: pinned next ups. This would be a queue that shows next up episodes for series that are favorited or something similar.

Definite +1 here.

Thank you for that example.

Until then, I was wondering why you were still getting the show if you didn't want to watch it anymore.

#12 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 49143 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

Until then, I was wondering why you were still getting the show if you didn't want to watch it anymore.

Sometimes you may watch one season of a show and then get into a different groove and not want to watch the next season until some undetermined later time so you would like to just keep it out of your next up list for now.

• b0dyr0ck2006 likes this

#13 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3735 posts
  • Local time: 05:02 PM

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

Don't have any young children but do have five users with different tastes in television. Leads to recording over 80 series per season. Then you inevitably end up watching an episode or two of someone else's show on your account.

Sometimes you may watch one season of a show and then get into a different groove and not want to watch the next season until some undetermined later time so you would like to just keep it out of your next up list for now.

This as well. I started season 3 of Game of Thrones a few months ago and haven't finished it yet.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri, 23 June 2016 - 02:07 PM.

#14 JoshuaAJones OFFLINE  

JoshuaAJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:42 PM

80 series? I wish.
I have 150.
That's why I'd like some filters introduced.

#15 Kelmino OFFLINE  

Kelmino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:29 AM

yes please!

While personally I've given up on this annoyance, and just unwatched the status of all of the series I don't watch anymore, but the ability to do this would be much easier.

All you really would have to do is have the thumbs down remove it from your list.

• computerprep likes this

#16 MEB OFFLINE  

MEB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

+1

#17 computerprep OFFLINE  

computerprep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:53 AM

All you really would have to do is have the thumbs down remove it from your list.

Good use for the thumbs down button. I like it.

#18 kris OFFLINE  

kris

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 11:02 AM
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:34 AM

I would welcome this too.

#19 Concept211 OFFLINE  

Concept211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Local time: 09:02 PM
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:28 AM

Yes please!! I've been searching for this. I found that in other threads people mention to "thumbs down" the series to lower it on the list, but I don't even see an option for that. 

#20 vvuk OFFLINE  

vvuk

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 09:02 PM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

I commented on this in another thread, but wanted to post the same suggestion here -- please don't limit this to a "Forget", because some of us want to build an explicit included list, rather than excluding certain series.  From the other post:

Hmm, not quite the same -- I don't want to "Forget" things, I want to have an explicit curated list.  Though I think both of these are really the same thing -- we should be able to set a filter to apply to the "Next Up" list.  People who want to use the "Forget" feature can just do "doesn't have tag Forgotten", people like me can say "is favourite" (or "has tag Actively Watching").  This could be done as a per-user setting -- "Filter for 'Next Up'", which should make the implementation pretty straightforward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users