Smart TV help

Allan Cameron

Got it, but what happens in Samsung client is different, based on identifying the content as hsbs, it triggers the TV automatically to play in 3D, so on a 3D enabled TV it can play directly with no steps from user.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

CBers

Glad to share this with you, yesterday I tested with Chessdragon 3D movie playback; and the test results were very positive; when that makes its way finally to Samsung TV; that is supposed to be the first MB3 client to play 3D contents.

Thanks Chessdragon :) , I just shared the concern with you yesterday morning, and by evening we were able to get it work, I was so happy :) to help you by testing the client and ready to participate whenever needed ;).

DaN

Is that the latest version, v0.160a?

I tried yesterday as well, but it didn't force the TV to switch to 3D.

Chessdragon developed a small app just for 3D playback; that's for the feature testing; but he will embed it later in MB3 client.

DaN

CBers

Chessdragon developed a small app just for 3D playback; that's for the feature testing; but he will embed it later in MB3 client.

DaN

You obviously have more 3D content than me ;)

How have you named them?

Well, I use the MB3 convention starting the filename with "[hsbs] -", and yes I have a good collection, movies and documentaries, high and low bitrates

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
chessdragon136

Work on it continues but I've hit some difficulties that I haven't had the time to resolve yet

But as a teaser here is the new Episode page redesign

5331f943adcbb_9TVEpisode.png

• Like 3

Smaky

I have a couple of samsungs (UN60D6450 & UN55ES8000), I´ll be happy to do some testing.

chessdragon136

I haven't given Live TV much thought yet - Its complicated to implement and given the client runs on a tv it isn't exactly a priority. I'm still struggling with many basic problems 

chessdragon136

Hi All,

I have just released the first Alpha version of my Samsung Smart TV app to the public which can be found HERE

Can you please use that thread for any discussions / problems about the app please.

Thanks

• Like 1

I'm very happy this is finally seeing the daylight; thanks chessdragon; looking forward to focus on advanced feature testing and more.

Regards

DaN