Just updated: Android app

revengineer

revengineer

After an app update tonight, the emby android app gets stuck loading the TV guide. Web browser on Android does not have this problem, neither does web browser on pc. server is windows v5934. 

I wish there was a way to find before an update how much worse things are afterwards. 

revengineer

Movies are playing fine. (for some movies I have to switch the audio stream otherwise the movie stops abruptly. We covered this issue before and this has not changed.)

revengineer

TV also plays when I select it from the suggestions screen. It won't play from the guide because the phone works sluggish as soon as I select the guide.

revengineer

It looks like this issue is the same as covered in this post in the testing area http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30724-android-v-2579-tv-guide/

I really do not care about the new look of the guide. The old guide was working and that is important. So while this is being fixed, is there a place where old .apk files can be downloaded? 

if you jump on the open beta in the link above i'll have a build up tomorrow that may resolve it. how many total channels do you have?

revengineer

OK I have moved to the beta channel temporarily for testing. I have a blessed TV so I have somewhere between 200 and 300 channels.

revengineer

Luke, the app seems to have updated twice today, current beta is 2.6.74. I confirm that the guide is generally working now. The channel icons scroll very fast now and there is a slight lag to fill in the guide data. I assume this is by design.

Channel numbers are only shown when there is no logo.I wish the channel number would always be shown in addition to the channel logo.

It seems though that the channel list is incomplete. The last channel shown in the guide is 142 and there are many channels at higher numbers which I cannot access through the guide. The channel list under "Channels" sub menu seems complete, so they are generally recognized by emby and they play fine.

revengineer

Comparing with the guide in a web browser it seems that the app shows the first 100 channels but unlike in the web browser there is no option to advance to the next block of channels.