#1 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1238 posts
  • Local time: 10:04 AM
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:50 AM

Hi, Using the Android app v 2.5.79 on my Huawei Mate 7. When viewing the TV Guide, scrolling up and down the list of channels is subject to intermittent freezes of approx 5 secs after which control returns, however it freezes again almost immediately an up or down scroll is attempted. Left / right scrolling is fine with no freezes at all. This has been apparent for a few versions now. I have attached a log.

thanks.

#2 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1238 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:57 AM

Any comment on this please? Is it just me or are there others?

Just rebooted the phone and tried again, it's ok for the first few up/down swipes but then it starts getting frozen again. This is with no other apps running. The network icon is showing solid up/down traffic whilst it's happening.

#3 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 123941 posts
  • Local time: 08:34 PM

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:10 PM

try joining the open beta of the android system web view so that you can get version 48. see if that makes a difference

#4 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1238 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:18 PM

Hi Luke, I enrolled in the Open Beta and downloaded 2.5.80. unfortunately there is no change in the up/down scroll action of the TV Guide - still freezes the phone for a few seconds everytime.

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 123941 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:21 PM

open beta of what?

#6 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1238 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:27 PM

http://emby.media/co...n-beta-testing/

I couldn't find any other link to an open beta for Android. if this is not correct please point me in the right direction. tks

#7 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 123941 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:29 PM

open beta of the android system web view

try getting the beta version of that.

#8 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1238 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

ok, my mistake ...  there are two listed in my phone, one (with a system settings icon) is v48.0.2564.99 and the other (with an android internet icon) is Version39 (eng.jenkins-arm). which one are you referring to?

#9 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1238 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:56 PM

Hey @Luke, This has been an ongoing issue for me since this topic was raised even after installing the open beta of Android web view, so I thought that I would let you know that it is much improved with the latest version - 2.6.51 on the same phone. Much smoother. Thanks

#10 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 123941 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:58 PM

Thanks. Many of the equivalent components in Emby Theater are a lot lighter and leaner. So as they get moved into the mobile app it will benefit from that.

• jordy likes this

#11 casminkey OFFLINE  

casminkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:40 PM

Hi, i am now having this exact problem. Not sure if it's related or should start a new discussion...

Mine was fine until an update yesterday (not sure of the version). After another update today to 2.6.53, it's still the same but pretty much the exact same symptoms as the original post - Guide is extremely slow to load and frequently freezes even just by scrolling. Not seeing any problems elsewhere and when I finally get a show to open, it plays as expected. Problem just isolated to the guide.

Running on a Samsung Galaxy S7.

#12 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10952 posts
  • Local time: 05:34 PM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:39 PM

I'm just experiencing this, too. Version 2.6.64. I haven't been using this feature for a while, so I don't know when it started. When selecting the guide it's very slow. To the point I force close the app, as it is almost unusable. Most of the channel numbers don't show, also.

#13 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10952 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:51 PM

Is there any news on this? Using the guide in the app pretty much stops the app from functioning. Everything else works just fine, even using channels to watch tv. I'm running the DEV server, if that makes any difference

Edited by Doofus, 15 May 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#14 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:15 PM

Is there any news on this? Using the guide in the app pretty much stops the app from functioning. Everything else works just fine, even using channels to watch tv. I'm running the DEV server, if that makes any difference

The latest stable server version for windows (5934) has the same problem. Also you will find that using emby through the android web browser will work just fine. So it has nothing to do with the server. It's the app.

#15 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10952 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:44 PM

The latest stable server version for windows (5934) has the same problem. Also you will find that using emby through the android web browser will work just fine. So it has nothing to do with the server. It's the app.

In my case, using the android browser it's a little better but it still freezes a lot when using the guide. My phone gets warm straight away, so its using the processor a lot. To be honest, the guide in general has problems. Not to the extent of android, but its slow loading on all my platforms. Using the guide on my server in chrome it used to be quick, but after the latest update, it got very clunky. I was just waiting for further development. There's definitely something wrong with the design.

#16 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 123941 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:46 PM

how many total channels do you have?

#17 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10952 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:51 PM

how many total channels do you have?

About 400, comcast cable card with HDHomerun prime. It used to work perfectly on android, but the recent changes have made it much worse.

Edited by Doofus, 16 May 2016 - 12:23 AM.

• knightboy09 likes this

#18 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10952 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:33 AM

With the latest update, the guide is more functional but still very slow. It freezes every time I scroll, but doesn't grind the app to a halt anymore. It is usable if you have patience  ;)

#19 epayson85 OFFLINE  

epayson85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

With the latest update, the guide is more functional but still very slow. It freezes every time I scroll, but doesn't grind the app to a halt anymore. It is usable if you have patience  ;)

What android device are you using?? I want one with patience so mine is usable too. :)

#20 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10952 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:55 PM

What android device are you using?? I want one with patience so mine is usable too. :)

Ha! I'm the one who has to be patient, but it's my phone, an HTC One M9. I'll probably get the 10, soon. I only buy HTC phones.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV Guide, Android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users