Blank server page in Chrome

tara.b
Go to solution Solved by tara.b,

tara.b

I've been using Emby now for about 5 months.  A month or so ago, my server got reset and I'd been too busy to get it up and running again until today.  After a bit of putzing, including a uninstall and reinstall of the lastest stable server, everything seems to be working except for accessing the server dashboard via Chrome.  When I access the server via localhost or my IP address on port 8096, I'm getting a blank page that appears to be the black Emby page background.  No images.  No menu.  No error message.

Earlier today, I was able to initially access the page to set up the server via Chrome, but it seems as though once I logged in, the next time I tried to access it all that would load is a blank page.  The same thing happened when I tried to access via Chrome on another computer... first time, I was able to select the user, log in, everything was good.  Then the next time I tried to access the server, I got a blank page.

I've also tried MS Edge, which loads the page as it should every time, so it seems to be something unique to Chrome.  I've tried clearing cache, cookies, etc to no avail.  I've also tried disabling all Chrome extensions and updating Crome.  Still no luck.

Any idea what could be going on?  I did not have the issue with Chrome a couple of months ago.

Thanks,

Tara

Emby server version: 3.0.5933.0

Server OS: Windows 10 pro

Server log: (attached)

server-log-63597703674.txt

Hi, welcome. The log looks fine. You could try clearing browsing data and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

tara.b

Tried that.  Clearing the browsing data doesn't fix the issue.

I did a "View Page Source" and Chrome *thinks* it has loaded the page.  But all that's displayed is a blank page:

57265e72b3ce2_capture.png

Edited by tara.b

Ok, you can always check the browser console for errors via right click -> inspect. Also make sure Chrome is up to date and not a really old version. Aside from that, I'm really not sure. It looks like something environmental as I cannot reproduce the problem.

• Solution
tara.b

Doh. I forgot to look at the Console errors.  Even though I had disabled all my extensions earlier, it appears that there was still one causing a problem: EXIF Viewer.  Disabled and all is well!

Thanks! 

• Like 1