21 replies to this topic

#21 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50827 posts
  • Local time: 10:45 PM

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:04 AM

Same, I hate that my requests are passified so often, even for a simple request like transparency.

I'm sorry but we are operating in a highly competitive environment so we are not usually going to publicly expose all of our internal plans or progress.

With respect to this particular request - it is possible now to use SSL with Emby.  It just requires a bit of proper configuration and necessary components provided by the user.  To make this any more "plug-and-play" will require us to not only build a new system but also to provide a dynamic DNS service and integrate with other systems properly.  

• Untoten likes this

#22 Untoten OFFLINE  

Untoten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Local time: 08:45 PM
  • Locationhttps://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26495-centralized-authentication-functionality-ldapssohtml-header/

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:37 AM

I'm sorry but we are operating in a highly competitive environment so we are not usually going to publicly expose all of our internal plans or progress.

With respect to this particular request - it is possible now to use SSL with Emby.  It just requires a bit of proper configuration and necessary components provided by the user.  To make this any more "plug-and-play" will require us to not only build a new system but also to provide a dynamic DNS service and integrate with other systems properly.  

I understand, I did not realize the competition of this market to be honest, that is very helpful to know when making requests, try to see from our perspective too it seemed like you were brushing us off.  I will keep that factor in mind in the future for other requests.

I get that it may not be plug and play, I just wish for the option to allow apps to send passwords plaintext so a more universal login system to be used, without SSL, obviously it is a terrible idea.  But now that it is atleast an option, it would be nice to have the ability from the server side to push plaintext passwords.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SSL, Encryption, LDAP, SSO, secure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users