Store Chapter Images in Media Folders

dcrdev

dcrdev

At the weekend I ripped my entire music collection to flac and removed the existing lossy music from my emby library. Something about this process introduced a new bug that mean't my newly ripped music was being removed from emby on every reboot. Anyway I couldn't be asked to go through the process of posting a log on the forum and waiting for a response, so I decided to purge emby from my server and start again. My issue was fixed after this, but it did mean waiting a long long time to do a fresh library scan.

Anyway I'll cut to the chase... chapter images are not stored in media folders at present which means they have to be generated again if you're planning to move your library to a different machine; or just reinstall as I did. Given that image extraction is so CPU expensive, would it not make sense to store them in media folders so that they persist through installs?

Particularly as on large libraries the whole process can take hours - mine took 7 hours to complete last night and at around 80% I received an error "too many open files", so I had to resume this morning.

I understand that this isn't as easy to do as metadata, as you've somehow got to link each image to a specific time within each file - but maybe you could have a journal file to accomplish this for each video?

Edited by dcrdev
  • Like 2