Looking for a Jukebox mode like Subsonic has

the1legend

the1legend

I'm coming from a premium Subsonic user and now a supporter of Emby. I like Emby and have been getting to understand it better over the last couple of weeks. One thing that Subsonic was able to do is run in Jukebox mode which was great, you could setup a playlist and then decide to play that music on the device or in Jukebox mode. Jukebox mode would play the music on the server which had its line out to a whole house amp. It seems that something like this might be available with Emby through the little cast icon in the top right of the window but I'm having no luck getting that to work. Hopefully this a feature that is currently supported and I just don't understand how to use/enable it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, welcome. What exactly does jukebox mode do? Could you already do this with emby remote control functions?

Spaceboy

I think he's asking for simultaneous playback to multiple devices. casting can't do this yet although there was a similar request last week

Jukebox mode is a more limited version of embys cast/remote control system. Only jukebox mode means the server itself requires some client running on the server, say the web client. This is already possible.

http://www.subsonic.org/pages/features.jsp

With emby, any client device can be the jukebox, and any client device can be the controller for that jukebox. So you dont need to limit yourself. You are right the little cast button in the top right is involved. But the server needs to have a web client window open, and logged into the server. This will create a client you can cast to on the server. Now on your tablet click the cast button and choose the servers web browser. Now choose a song, playlist, etc and press play. The server web client will stream whatever you chose using its hardware. This will mimic subsonics jukebox mode.

Edited by speechles