Emby server partly inaccessible (ESET)

NeonGOD

NeonGOD

I have a quite weird problem..   my emby server have been running without problems for ages..   but today i can't access it in ANY browser on my local machine..  i can from kodi/android etc..   and externally can too..  and externally can too from browser..

triede to disable my firewall to no avail..  tried from different browsers too..   Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge same..

Any1 with any ideas ??

anderbytes

Here my serverlog :)

Just a tip: to create a good log for analysis...

1. Disconnect any devices that are working OK from network --> This way the log will not be bloated

2. Disable any plugins --> If after that you can't reproduce the issue, the culprit will be much easier to find (one of plugins)

3. Restart Server --> Creating a new log file just for the analysis is like good manners

4. Reproduce the issue as fast as possible, and don't do anything else --> This will try to keep garbage off the log

4.1 Take note of the time at the moment of the bug --> This way will be easier to find the bug in the log

5. Save the log as fast as possible --> The faster you download the log, less trash will be seen (unrelated to the bug) at the end of the logfile

NeonGOD

Totally weird..  i can access from outside my network and from another computer on my network.. no problem..  but i can't access it in a browser from the machine hosting the server..   but i could earlier today..    tried disabling my firewall tried from diffrent browsers etc..   to no avail..

i get to where it fetches data from server and then after a minutte or so it times out..

lloskka

Same problem over here.

Me, no antivirus , firewall off.

Both ports are open like usual in router .

Tried 4 chrome, edge, iexplorer, and mozilla. same problem.

Andddd tried an acronis .tib image, always worked

What is happening? 

Can u indentify the problem?

lloskka

Same problem over here.

Me, no antivirus , firewall off.

Both ports are open like usual in router .

Tried 4 chrome, edge, iexplorer, and mozilla. same problem.

Andddd tried an acronis .tib image, always worked

What is happening? 

Can u indentify the problem?

TTP/1.1 200 OK Server: Mono-HTTPAPI/1.0 Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 08:57:13 GMT Content-Length: 0 Connection: close

Edited by lloskka

anderbytes

What are you typing in your address bar?

Local IP?  DDNS?  Emby Connect url?

Sketchy

I have a quite weird problem..   my emby server have been running without problems for ages..   but today i can't access it in ANY browser on my local machine..  i can from kodi/android etc..   and externally can too..  and externally can too from browser..

triede to disable my firewall to no avail..  tried from different browsers too..   Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge same..

Any1 with any ideas ??

Same here. Been using Emby for a number of months now. Today out of the blue it wont load anything on the local machine. Trying to load the Web Library or the Server Manager just reults in a blank white page and the wheel spins till the page times out and chrome asks if I want to kill the page or continue to wait. Everything seems to be working fine on my phone both remotely and over wifi with both the app and safari. Attached are a bunch of my most recent logs from today. I see an error report in them. Not sure what to make of it.

server-63594407720.txt

server-63594407885.txt

server-63594408196.txt

server-63594408471.txt

server-63594408730.txt

server-63594408740.txt

server-63594409223.txt

server-63594409829.txt

server-63594409906.txt

server-63594411143.txt

Edited by Sketchy

anderbytes

The "acess token" error probably is causing all the trouble.

Devs may answer what is that token when trying to access websocket (ws)

Same here. Been using Emby for a number of months now. Today out of the blue it wont load anything on the local machine. Trying to load the Web Library or the Server Manager just reults in a blank white page and the wheel spins till the page times out and chrome asks if I want to kill the page or continue to wait. Everything seems to be working fine on my phone both remotely and over wifi with both the app and safari. Attached are a bunch of my most recent logs from today. I see an error report in them. Not sure what to make of it.

Hi, what web address are you trying to open? Do other Emby apps function besides the web interface?

NeonGOD

Yes everything else is working..  chromecasts, kodi, web from other computers etc..  its just on the server machine.. 

lloskka

Browse Library & configure emby , both not working at all.

Very sad :(

Happy2Play

Browse Library & configure emby , both not working at all.

Very sad :(

@@lloskka

What urt are you using?

Sketchy

Hi, what web address are you trying to open? Do other Emby apps function besides the web interface?

I use emby via Chrome with the "web address" @ http://localhost:8096/web/index.html. I also can't access the dashboard http://localhost:8096/web/dashboard.html

I can access either of those on Safari on my phone, via WiFi or remotely through LTE.

I can access the library just fine as well, by using the Emby IOS App.

My only problems are on the local machine that the server is on, and it worked fine right up until yesterday. I don't use Emby Theater or any other means to access Emby aside from via Chrome. Sometimes I cast to MPC-HC, sometimes I don't.

Edited by Sketchy

Happy2Play

I use emby via Chrome with the "web address" @ http://localhost:8096/web/index.html. I also can't access the dashboard http://localhost:8096/web/dashboard.html

I can access either of those on Safari on my phone, via WiFi or remotely through LTE.

I can access the library just fine as well, by using the Emby IOS App.

My only problems are on the local machine that the server is on, and it worked fine right up until yesterday. I don't use Emby Theater or any other means to access Emby aside from via Chrome. Sometimes I cast to MPC-HC, sometimes I don't.

What do you get when you try to open the dashboard in Chrome?  What version of Chrome are you using?  Have you tried clearing your browser history?  None of your logs that I checked had any reference to Chrome.

Sketchy

This is what I get regardless of if I'm trying for the library or server manager. A blank page that stays blank until it times out.

emby_zps2mvjflmm.png

My Chrome is up to date. I didn't bother clearing its cache, but I did try it with all plugins disabled. I also tried IE and Edge, and I had to set them up just to use them, and all the browsers behave exactly the same when trying to access those pages on the local machine.

Sketchy

This is what I get regardless of if I'm trying for the library or server manager. A blank page that stays blank until it times out.

emby_zps2mvjflmm.png

My Chrome is up to date. I didn't bother clearing its cache, but I did try it with all plugins disabled. I also tried IE and Edge, and I had to set them up just to use them, and all the browsers behave exactly the same when trying to access those pages on the local machine.

lloskka

@Staff are you looking in to this problem at all?

We're telling you that problem is with emby, ONLY in the computer that hosts the server!

Thx!

anderbytes

This is possible.

I use via Linux, always remotely (Emby is in a headless server), and never had problemas acessing locally.

• Like 1

lloskka

yes yes, we know! its blocking ! but we want solutions

Any clue at all?

RECAP:

-WINDOWS 10 ( NONE RECENT UPDATES )
-NOT ACCESIBLE FOR CONFIG / BROWSE LIBRARY ( BUT REMOTE YES )
-NOT WORKING WITH OPERA, IE, EDGE, CHROME, MOZILLA

It sounds to me like the network isolation mode of Windows for universal apps.  It is a security feature in Windows.  Check your network and browser settings for anything having to do with loopback access.

Also make sure that nothing has modified a .hosts file redirecting localhost to some other place...

lgvolvo

Same problem here. Been using emby for a couple of months now flawlessly. Tried to get on the dashboard a couple of days ago and been having the same problem. I can, however get on the dashboard from a different computer on my network, but not on the host computer. I've tried on chrome, edge, ie, disabling eset firewall (even though I added a manual exception to pass program through). I've tried reinstalling emby but it just gets stuck when web browser opens. Checked hosts files and all is good there. Will check browser settings when I get home.

Edited by lgvolvo