cannot select menu/external player and sound missing

Ianmcw

Hi All i am new to the comunity and having a few issues with playing my movies on my Note 4 also same issues appear on my  kindle fire hdx, i have searchd forum over last few days but couldnt find answer to resolve my issues.

I have a deditcated htpc with win 8.1& WMC with media browser classic server and client on same machine all my rips are ISO or IMG files and are 1 to 1 rips

1. when i press play on my phone it asks to seclect player and when i press external player nothing happens

2. If i select Play movie loads and starts but i cannot select menu on dvd to start movie

3. other movies load ok then they are no sound

All the movies play perfect on pc/htpc/dvd player etc. but they will not work via android app Any help would be appreciated

Ok, let's go over the menu. Can you elaborate on this:

i am not able to select on sceen menu to play movie

Thanks.

my rips are 1.1 so they have everything on them including menu to start movie or pick extras etc. so i cant press play as it pause movie or use othe functions to press play to start movie it will just sit there playing intro as i cannont select play

Thanks

Ok, I understand. That's not supported by the internal player as of yet. We do use libvlc and libvlc does support it, so it is possible, but we haven't implemented it yet. You'd have to use an external player for that right now.

Hi Luke isnt that the same build you gave me earlier?

update: I tried streaming my iso via vlc over my LAN itself also via file explorer and it works fine, I can start movie can select chapters and extras all works fine sounf works good

but with emby it doesnt

Ok, I think what's happening is we're sending a streaming url to the external player. i should be able to fix this by sending the original network path to the file to the external player. (or adding an option to do so).

Ok, your iso path on the server is

E:\Kids Movies\Bambi.ISO

Add a path substitution on the server to convert that path to a network path that the device will be able to access. For instructions see the bottom of this wiki page:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Library%20Setup

Set that up, try to play again, the provide the log. thanks.

Are you sure you used the external player? the log mainly speaks of playback attempts with the internal player.

this build doesnt work it freezes when you open it cant use menu on app nothing, frooze mt phone had to take battery out then restart uninstall this build and go bak to the last build