cannot select menu/external player and sound missing

Ianmcw

still the same blank screen any menu items that ar visable just go back to blank screen

Hit the back button on the phone and now it freeze

question - how do you play the .iso in vlc? i don't see any way in vlc to browse the network. i might just be missing it. thanks.

Ianmcw

Hi Luke i just checked vlc streaming settings and the local address was not set properly, so now when i play movie i click external player and vlc loads movie,

But still have issue selecting menu to play movie and no sound on movie

Ianmcw

in vlc player  under setings then stream it asks for network address, this is where i put my local ip for server

i mean an example of the url to the iso file that enter into vlc

are you saying you've mounted your own http server?

at a basic level, what exact method are you using to play an iso in vlc directly (without emby)? thanks.

Ianmcw

sorry had to pop out for a bit,

the way i have been playing my iso on phone is by copying them from pc to phones ssd card and playing from there using either file explorer or vlc to play.

I never set up to stream over network with vlc as i thought emby with the app would be much easier. if i need more movies on phone i would just convert them to mp4 for my grandson to watch but when i built new htpc ithought emby would take care of that with the app to save converting all my movies again

Ok, I was able to test this by sending an iso through the http server directly to vlc. I don't think this is going to work because in order to examine the contents of the iso, Vlc needs full access to the entire iso file, and not just an http stream.

What we could do is allow ISO's to be synced in full with the sync feature. Would that help? Then you can open it with vlc.

Or I can update the sync feature to sync the full iso down to the phone, and then use the external player function to open it with vlc.

Ianmcw

to sync the full iso would just ake up a lot of space on phone is this  correct?

if so i would be better looking into another option just to stream the movies?

I'm not aware of any option that streams the contents of ISO's. It's just not an easy thing to do. If you're willing to convert to video files, then we'll have no trouble streaming them to your grandson's device.

Ianmcw

sorry been out of town for last week, looks like this is only option available but now i will have copy's of same movies and will clutter up MBC gonna have to figure out best way to separate them so still playable as iso on htpc and mp4 for streaming