4k Treatment support for CoverArt?

LiquidFX

andyblac644

here is sample of what I mean, but where MKV is I would like to see HEVC as that is the code used.

5a217b5f58225_ScreenShot20171201at155254

but also keeping the black for all 4k.

Edited by andyblac644

andyblac644

Tagging those items as "ca-hevc" should do that...maybe?

nope :(

5a2180ac66bf1_ScreenShot20171201at161722

even this forcing as H264 does not work

5a21812f3b310_ScreenShot20171201at1618465a2181399b6a9_ScreenShot20171201at161857

everything is seen as 4k ultra hd

Edited by andyblac644

Yeah, sorry, HEVC was not implemented.

You can make a good argument for this behavior being inconsistent with the other types which, to get this type of treatment, would require the "Cover by Definition" option be set so I'm going to change the logic to be consistent.  Actually, I'd like to simplify it to eliminate all these different codec frames but, until then, it should behave consistently.

So, the next version will require the "Cover By Definition" (or a direct tag) to get the "4K" logo just like the others do.  Otherwise, you'll get the codec/container (which will include HEVC).

• Like 1

andyblac644

You can make a good argument for this behavior being inconsistent with the other types which, to get this type of treatment, would require the "Cover by Definition" option be set so I'm going to change the logic to be consistent.  Actually, I'd like to simplify it to eliminate all these different codec frames but, until then, it should behave consistently.

So, the next version will require the "Cover By Definition" (or a direct tag) to get the "4K" logo just like the others do.  Otherwise, you'll get the codec/container (which will include HEVC).

thanks for listening, love your plugin keep up the awesome work your doing.

Good day Ebr,

I am sure do not like this at all, we now have the main uhd be codec treatment name instead of simply 4k treatment cover name (codec instead of resolution)?

Now this:

5a21e2b2e8c52_20171202_20829.png

5a21e2cd91677_20171202_20921.png

And who say that hevc codec only for uhd movies type? It could apply to anything.

My best

Yeah, I knew some people wouldn't like that but it really is the proper way to handle it based on how the rest of the plug-in works.  If you want treatments based on the resolution of the items instead of their codec or container, then you check that option in the settings for that profile.

If you only want your 4k items to show that though, and all your HEVC happens to also be 4k, then you could map HEVC -> UHD in the specific covers...

Good day,

Sorry to say it wrong, hevc do not mean it a UHD simple as that, it codec it could apply to any type of media.

Why it not the other way around? Whom want codec instead of res, then simply do specific covers.

My best

andyblac644

@@ebr thanks for the update, it almost there, but as you see from attached pics you also need to include ANY 2160p media as black colour style not just HEVC, @@Abobader is right it should not be done via the codec but the resolution of the media, as you see I have 2160 H264 and you not detecting as 4k as they should be.

And why do you not use the proper UHD Blu-ray logo like you for Blu-ray ?

5a21fc8e2a981_ScreenShot20171202at010307

5a21fc97af64c_ScreenShot20171202at010326

Edited by andyblac644

Good day Ebr,

I know what you are saying, I temp fix the UHD libraries by making a profile for them:

5a2215bae223e_20171202_54744.png

5a2215e5e33f3_20171202_54837.png

But the problem with other media type that have hevc codec as you see here in this example HD title:

5a2216305bb20_20171202_53219.png

5a2216545e584_20171202_53253.png

I use overlays to display the codec for tiles whatever the media type are, that the way it was working before, now, it a problem.

My best

@@ebr thanks for the update, it almost there, but as you see from attached pics you also need to include ANY 2160p media as black colour style not just HEVC, @@Abobader is right it should not be done via the codec but the resolution of the media, as you see I have 2160 H264 and you not detecting as 4k as they should be.

And why do you not use the proper UHD Blu-ray logo like you for Blu-ray ?

5a21fc8e2a981_ScreenShot20171202at010307

5a21fc97af64c_ScreenShot20171202at010326

If you want the treatment to be based on resolution instead of codec, then turn on the option Abo did above.

andyblac644

@@ebr

what I want is to be able to distinguish between a REAL UHD Remux and a 4K encode, But BOTH having the black colour style of a 4k box, IE I want a REAL UHD REMUX to have the REAL UHD BLURAY logo (not the 4k logo your using now) just like Blu-ray does, but for any 4k Encode I want the box to be black but show the codec used, if see in my screen shot HEVC is black and does show HEVC, but the 4k H-264 is still blue. imo it show be BLACK.

so imo 

When  "Cover by definition instead of type (UHD/HD/SD)Cover by definition instead of type (UHD/HD/SD)" = DISABLED

LABLE SHOWED

HEVC 1080p =  BLUE STYLE

H264 1080p =  BLUE STYLE
HEVC 2180p =  BLACK STYLE

H2160 2180p =  BLACK STYLE

When  "Cover by definition instead of type (UHD/HD/SD)Cover by definition instead of type (UHD/HD/SD)" = ENABLED

LOGO SHOWED

1080p =  Blu-ray LOGO with BLUE STYLE

2160p =  UHD Blu-ray LOGO with BLACK STYLE

Andy.

Edited by andyblac644

Good day,

All the UDH (4k) titles use the new hevc h.265 codec, remux simply removed the extra media, like menu and a like from the rip, that all.

Some rips for 4k that reduce the bitrate and keep the res to reduce the size.

In short, UHD/4K is use the new HEVC knowing as H.265.

HD rips use the above codec now days to reduce the size as well and get good quality image.

My best

@@ebr

what I want is to be able to distinguish between a REAL UHD Remux and a 4K encode, But BOTH having the black colour style of a 4k box, IE I want a REAL UHD REMUX to have the REAL UHD BLURAY logo (not the 4k logo your using now) just like Blu-ray does, but for any 4k Encode I want the box to be black but show the codec used, if see in my screen shot HEVC is black and does show HEVC, but the 4k H-264 is still blue. imo it show be BLACK.

so imo 

When  "Cover by definition instead of type (UHD/HD/SD)Cover by definition instead of type (UHD/HD/SD)" = DISABLED

LABLE SHOWED

HEVC 1080p =  BLUE STYLE

H264 1080p =  BLUE STYLE

HEVC 2180p =  BLACK STYLE

H2160 2180p =  BLACK STYLE

When  "Cover by definition instead of type (UHD/HD/SD)Cover by definition instead of type (UHD/HD/SD)" = ENABLED

LOGO SHOWED

1080p =  Blu-ray LOGO with BLUE STYLE

2160p =  UHD Blu-ray LOGO with BLACK STYLE

Andy.

I understand what you want but that does not respect the option as labeled or implemented for everything else.

When Cover by definition is disabled, then the definition (resolution) is not a factor in choosing the cover.

andyblac644

I understand what you want but that does not respect the option as labeled or implemented for everything else.

When Cover by definition is disabled, then the definition (resolution) is not a factor in choosing the cover.

ok then can you add an option for Label / Logo ? so we can mix and match for folders ?

Of course, doing that is not as simple as adding an option but, regardless, I am not looking to increase the complexity of the plugin right now.

andyblac644

Of course, doing that is not as simple as adding an option but, regardless, I am not looking to increase the complexity of the plugin right now.

ok

• 1 month later...

how are you determining first video stream though? That sounds like you are talking about a single file not multiple files.

If I had a 4K version and a 1080p version in the same folder my expectation / preference would be for emby to show 4K cover art.

Same Here.

Which is the first video stream. Oldest created file? Newest created file? Alphabetical order of names of files?

Edited by Zelig

Example:

Alien Covenant (2016).mkv      (This one is HVEC 4K)

Alien Covenant (2016) - 1080p.mkv

This naming gets me the HVEC coverart

Alien Covenant (2016) - UHD.mkv

Alien Covenant (2016) - 1080p.mkv

​This naming gets me the x264 Coverart

Alien Covenant (2016) - UHD.mkv

Alien Covenant (2016) - z1080p.mkv

This naming also gets me the X264 coverart

Could seem that the first stream would be the one without a tag, but no.

Xmen Apocalypse (2016).mkv

Xmen Apocalypse (2016) - 1080p.mkv

Also gets me the x264 coverart

Played with creation dates of file too with identical ilogical results

Can't seeam to figure the logic in this.

Good day,

First example the correct one for naming.

Then you need to create Specific Cover as UHD/UHD

Try that it could work as my settings are different that yours.

If not, then Ebr will have the correct answer.

My best

Thanks for the answer but it's not a Cover Art problem 

This is the datails pago for a movie:

T5a4fa4e3a209e_Captura1.png

But if I check the "info" for the movie I get this:

5a4fa53767904_Captura2.png

The details page seem to get the metadata for the HEVC file but the Info page refers to the x264 file.

Edited by Zelig

With multi-version support you currently do not get control over which version is displayed. It's a new thing and something we can look at fleshing out in the future. t hanks.