4k Treatment support for CoverArt?

LiquidFX

4.0.59 seems to have disabled all treatments, reverting to 4.0.58 restores them.

Okay, so this must be .net instead of .net core for the server.  On what platform?

Is there a reason you haven't updated to .net core?

Spaceboy

It looks at the first video stream (the same thing it does to determine the overlays it produces).

how are you determining first video stream though? That sounds like you are talking about a single file not multiple files.

If I had a 4K version and a 1080p version in the same folder my expectation / preference would be for emby to show 4K cover art.

• Like 1

throgmorton

Okay, so this must be .net instead of .net core for the server.  On what platform?

Is there a reason you haven't updated to .net core?

My server is running on a Win10 machine, eventually moving to Thecus if I can get the performance issues resolved.

I didn't know that .NET core was a requirement, so haven't bothered installing it.

georgewill76

Hi

Thanks for adding 4k treatment support for CoverArt.  Now that I am adding 4K movies to my collection this has helped out a lot.  I was wondering in regards to the colour of the case that is being used for 4K movies, can this be changed?  Right now my DVD cases are black and Blu-ray case are blue but 4k cases look similar to the Blu-ray cases, apart for the indicator at the top to show they are 4K movies.  I am wondering if maybe they should be a different colour so that they stand out more when a 4K movie is next to a Blu-ray movie.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Hi

Thanks for adding 4k treatment support for CoverArt.  Now that I am adding 4K movies to my collection this has helped out a lot.  I was wondering in regards to the colour of the case that is being used for 4K movies, can this be changed?  Right now my DVD cases are black and Blu-ray case are blue but 4k cases look similar to the Blu-ray cases, apart for the indicator at the top to show they are 4K movies.  I am wondering if maybe they should be a different colour so that they stand out more when a 4K movie is next to a Blu-ray movie.

UHD cases are usually black also 

This is now implemented in version 4.0.59/60 of the plug-in.

Enjoy.

Well done Ebr.

I wish the color treatment was other than blue tho.

tmb4016

Is there any way to get 4k treatment for offline movies which just have a stub in the folder structure ?

+1 for colour to be Black not blue

Thanks for the update though

Edited by tmb4016

Is there any way to get 4k treatment for offline movies which just have a stub in the folder structure ?

Add the tag "ca-uhd" using the metadata editor.

should 4k movies be picked up automatically or do you have to add the "ca-uhd" manually to all?

Good day,

You do not need to add anything, coverart will do the treatment for your 4k movies.

My best

im only on version .58, wheres the update?

I pulled it for non .net core due to problems on that platform.

PenkethBoy

Good day,

You do not need to add anything, coverart will do the treatment for your 4k movies.

My best

hmm i thought it should do that but for me its not working that way

done a refresh of the movie but does not pick up the 4k treatment - adding the ca-uhd works though

5a1edef58e8fc_Capture.jpg

hmm i thought it should do that but for me its not working that way

done a refresh of the movie but does not pick up the 4k treatment - adding the ca-uhd works though

5a1edef58e8fc_Capture.jpg

Make sure you don't have something that would be overriding it like a specific cover setting in the plug-in.

andyblac644

@@ebr is there any chance you could do a tweak for us so we can differentiate between a full UHD bluray remux and an 4k encode ? I was thinking use this for a real UHD BluRay 1200px-Ultra_HD_Blu-ray_(logo).svg.png (but drop the blue background to transparent so it just shows the white logo on your black banner, and the existing logo for an 4k encodes. ?

we could use `ca-uhd-blu-ray` and existing `ca-uhd` or `ca-4k-encode`

Andy.

edit:

or maybe this logo for UHD Bly-ray remux's.

post-51811-0-17083300-1512139722_thumb.png

Edited by andyblac644

@@ebr is there any chance you could do a tweak for us so we can differentiate between a full UHD bluray remux and an 4k encode ? I was thinking use this for a real UHD BluRay 1200px-Ultra_HD_Blu-ray_(logo).svg.png (but drop the blue background to transparent so it just shows the white logo on your black banner, and the existing logo for an 4k encodes. ?

we could use `ca-uhd-blu-ray` and existing `ca-uhd` or `ca-4k-encode`

Andy.

edit:

or maybe this logo for UHD Bly-ray remux's.

Without the Emby system recognizing the difference between those items, I'm afraid this would be a lot of additional work and plug-in bloat for a feature that would pretty much never get used due to the requirement of having to manually tag the items.

andyblac644

Without the Emby system recognizing the difference between those items, I'm afraid this would be a lot of additional work and plug-in bloat for a feature that would pretty much never get used due to the requirement of having to manually tag the items.

but that could have been said for HD-DVD ?

but that could have been said for HD-DVD ?

When that feature was implemented, the server understood HD-DVDs.  Once those went completely away, the server support did too and we kept the CA functionality as tag-only.

andyblac644

When that feature was implemented, the server understood HD-DVDs.  Once those went completely away, the server support did too and we kept the CA functionality as tag-only.

ok then how about just adding some sort a detection for hevc like h-264 ? so we can use to over-ride a folder to not show as a 4k-ultra-hd logo ?

here is my movies library 5a21785559c8d_ScreenShot20171201at154108

it is split into 2 folders HiRes (bluray and hddvd remuxes) LowRes all encodes, as you see it show bluray and HDDVD remuxes correctly and leave lowers encodes as h-264, I would like to something the same with 4k,

2 folders one for 4k remuxes and one for 4k encodes, it would be good it I could show encodes as hevc. so maybe just add hevc to here ?

5a21797020644_ScreenShot20171201at154612

Edited by andyblac644

You are gonna need to drum up a bunch of support.  I think most people would rather see 4K than the codec.