Identifying the misidentified (reports?)

Guest topbanana

Guest topbanana

Going thru my movies and tv shows, i do sometimes find one that's been misidentified.

Often it's just the year that's wrong, as the release date is often different from the year of production (stated in the end credits) which means that it gets identified as another movie by emby.

Can we have a way of finding these/spotting these easier?

Idea: use Reports?

I'd like to be able to compare a list of the identified movie titles with a list of the filenames.
So just adding a 'filename' column (perhaps a 'path' column as well) to the reports page will allow me to scan down the list and spot the wrongly identified movies much, much quicker.

As a bonus feature, perhaps we could have a filter where if the title matches the filename exactly, then they wouldn't show up leaving only the films with subtly different titles, foreign titles, etc, plus the misidentified films we seek.

anderbytes

I've seen that there's one Management Filter in "Reports" that does something like that. I haven't tested it to determine if it is effective or not

Guest topbanana

Just checked it out.

It does a few things with missing stuff.... but it doesn't show the original filename to check against.  So it isn't of any use for spotting misidentified movies.

Guest topbanana

So I've resorted to doing this manually, by using the report listing exported as an excel spreadsheet and importing in a saved delimited filelisting...  man it's a lot of work aligning the movies/filenames!  all the foreign titles, differing names etc....  I've spent hours doing it and i'm only down to 'G' so far! :-(
So I've found 7 misidentified movies so far, mostly ones i would never have noticed otherwise, mostly where the year was out by one as i said in the op.
But I've just corrected "Inside Out (2011).avi", which was identified as "From the Inside Out" - 2011 !!!!  worrying...

I wonder how many mismatches exist in everyone else's collections!?! ;-)

anderbytes

So I've resorted to doing this manually, by using the report listing exported as an excel spreadsheet and importing in a saved delimited filelisting... man it's a lot of work aligning the movies/filenames! all the foreign titles, differing names etc.... I've spent hours doing it and i'm only down to 'G' so far! :-(

So I've found 7 misidentified movies so far, mostly ones i would never have noticed otherwise, mostly where the year was out by one as i said in the op.

But I've just corrected "Inside Out (2011).avi", which was identified as "From the Inside Out" - 2011 !!!! worrying...

I wonder how many mismatches exist in everyone else's collections!?! ;-)

Of course you won't get the correct Metadata this way! Inside Out is 2015, not 2011

• Like 1

Guest topbanana

https://github.com/Meta-Man/Meta-Man.Tools/tree/master/emby3

Look at the libchecker docs and app.  Will find dupes, "mispellings" and off by more than year.  Expects names as "Film (nnnn)".  Haven't touched it for quite awhile, but should still work.   :blink:

OK, cool.

so checking....

(i'm on windows)

i'll need to install python,

update the sqlite3.dll

then compile with

python pyinstaller.py -w --onefile c:\gitcheckout\Meta-Man\Meta-Man.Tools\emby3\emby3_library_checker.py

then i can run

emby3_library_checker.exe > output.txt

i assume?

Will it find the libraries by itself?  Do i need to run it from a specific folder?

TIA

Guest topbanana

Just finished wrestling with excel (took hours!)....  Corrected lots of dates, tweaked a few filenames and re-identified a few more that were completely wrongly identified...

Most of the movies should ID ok the next time this library may get rebuilt...  but there are a few that always seem to get IDed wrongly (i've corrected them before) and will probably be wrong with every rebuild...

So it would be very useful if we could have a feature for comparing filenames & IDed titles and perhaps some a filter or two to make it even easier!

spootdev

Hmmm, my docs kinda suck don't they.  They were targeted towards devs familiar with python and pyinstaller.  I'll clean that up and double check some code as this feature will be in EmbyPy as well.

Hopefully I get bored enough to create/post an exe on github soon.

Koleckai Silvestri

https://github.com/Meta-Man/Meta-Man.Tools/tree/master/emby3

Look at the libchecker docs and app.  Will find dupes, "mispellings" and off by more than year.  Expects names as "Film (nnnn)".  Haven't touched it for quite awhile, but should still work.   :blink:

Couldn't get it to work under Windows with Python 3.4.4. 

Pyinstaller Fails.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python34\Scripts\pyinstaller-script.py", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('PyInstaller==3.1.1', 'console_scripts', 'pyinstaller')()
  File "c:\python34\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\__main__.py", line 90, in run
    run_build(pyi_config, spec_file, **vars(args))
  File "c:\python34\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\__main__.py", line 46, in run_build
    PyInstaller.building.build_main.main(pyi_config, spec_file, **kwargs)
  File "c:\python34\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\building\build_main.py", line 755, in main
    build(specfile, kw.get('distpath'), kw.get('workpath'), kw.get('clean_build'))
  File "c:\python34\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\building\build_main.py", line 701, in build
    exec(text, spec_namespace)
  File "<string>", line 16, in <module>
  File "c:\python34\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\building\build_main.py", line 212, in __init__
    self.__postinit__()
  File "c:\python34\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\building\datastruct.py", line 183, in __postinit__
    self.assemble()
  File "c:\python34\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\building\build_main.py", line 388, in assemble
    priority_scripts.append(self.graph.run_script(script))
  File "c:\python34\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\depend\analysis.py", line 144, in run_script
    self._top_script_node = super(PyiModuleGraph, self).run_script(pathname)
  File "c:\python34\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\lib\modulegraph\modulegraph.py", line 882, in run_script
    co_ast = compile(contents, pathname, 'exec', ast.PyCF_ONLY_AST, True)
  File "C:\Users\Wayne\Downloads\Meta-Man.Tools-master\Meta-Man.Tools-master\emby3\emby3_library_checker.py", line 47
    print 'emby3_library_checker.py -d <dbfile>'
                                               ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'

Guest topbanana

I don't have it coded up for Python 3.x compatibility.

Anywho, did some quick fixes on it so it will build in windows and much easier to run from source.  Available exe for windows at https://github.com/Meta-Man/Meta-Man.Tools/blob/master/release/emby3_library_checker.zip

So can i just run that exe myself now?

Where do i run it from.  any specific path?

Guest topbanana

If i just run it, it give me this.

C:\emby3_library_checker>emby3_library_checker.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 155, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 86, in main
KeyError: 'Name'
emby3_library_checker returned -1

C:\emby3_library_checker>

Have a missed something?

The data directory is in the usual place:

C:\Users\rich\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data

spootdev

dev-0.0.5 pushed to master dealing with new db layout.  This only checks movies (dupes by imdb)......not sure why I don't have tv checking in there....spose I should fix that.