Cytec Metadata - German Airdate Support

Bufu

shorty1483

It happened at afternoon. How's your scheduled task setting for library scans? How is your series setting for metadata (XML or NFO)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

I have no sheduled task for lib scan, because i don't want to start up all my hdds every day ... I start the scan manually after i added new episodes. And i save the seriesdata in xml only.

On my test server i ran the lib scan very often with different configurations, but i get always the cytec data ...

After i blocked tvdb.cytec in my firewall, i got the same result. All data is loaded from tvdb ... i'm not sure how to block a scan while cytec is offline

shorty1483

Just doing another initial scan and disabled scheduled daily scan task. Will look if that helps.

Edited by elysium

Well... the server wasn't designed to handle such a huge load as it has to handle atm :D

Mainly because of i don't know how many ppl use SickReage/SickBeard with it and don't change the default Value for Metadata updates... so around 3-4 AM the server has some struggle to handle all the requests.

Not 100% sure what i'm gonna do about that, maybe switching servers again and/or finally get some load balancing setup :D

EDIT: @ i've created a new SubForum for changing requests etc... i'm gonna stick with that for now and maybe include that in the page later 

Edited by cytec
  • Like 2

shorty1483

Put on two test files, it seems that something like that triggers a library scan, which downloads the data directly from thetvdb and bypasses cytec.

Perhaps there are really some changes that need to be done in Emby Core?

Edited by elysium

• 2 weeks later...
shorty1483

So checked the last week. Everytime my Dev server does a regular library scan, German airdates get replaced by thetvdb ones.

• 3 weeks later...
shorty1483

No Problems here ;)

For me it's not working unfortunately. Everytime after like 1 day, the Upcoming goes back to tvdb airdates. this makes me really sad ;)

@@ebr I hear a bit of sarcasm. A bit more respect for minorities[emoji14]

Edited by shorty1483

@@ebr I hear a bit of sarcasm. A bit more respect for minorities[emoji14]

Sorry, not intended at all.  Just want to know the true scope of demand.

shorty1483

Sorry, not intended at all.  Just want to know the true scope of demand.

Sure I know how you meant ;)

So basically it's just modifying the Upcoming tab to display the german premiere airdates of series instead of the original ones provided by TheTVDB. Therefor the plugin uses a german site originally developed for Sickbeard which provides the same API like TheTVDB.

The problem me personally have is, that somehow, Emby Server does not respect cytec as No. 1 metadata fetcher after an intitial scan (which works great). But after that, Emby calls TheTVDB directly and all german airdate data gets slowly replaced by TheTVDB one.

• 1 month later...
daedalus

i would vote for an localizable version of the upcoming page

showing the us dates only makes it pretty useless for all the other countrys or even the ones that dont watch original voice

i dont really care about the airdates of my stored media but upcoming for my country (germany) would be pretty nice

We're looking at tvmaze as a possibility for tv metadata. It appears they might have localized air dates.

shorty1483

For the record. This plugin works very well, but if german airdates are still tba and the fallback to tvdb occurs, the Upcoming is mixed with original and german airdates but just with german tv networks unfortunately.

tvmaze is no solution regarding the goal of the topic. It just changes the original US airdate time to the users local timezone. 

But at least they have a multi-locale api for it, so you could head over there and ask them to improve their information to be more accurate (or do the same with tvdb/tmdb)

shorty1483

But at least they have a multi-locale api for it, so you could head over there and ask them to improve their information to be more accurate (or do the same with tvdb/tmdb)

No chance for tvdb, they said that multiple times, this is one big reason for the birth of @@cytec 's site. But I gave up on a reliable and stable solution for this topic personally. 

Edited by shorty1483

• 4 weeks later...
shorty1483

@@Bufu Since latest Dev 3.1.5988.38279, the plugin causes a Server Crash at start up. Just removing dll fixes it.

horstepipe

Will Emby ever allow multiple Airdates for multiple countries?

This would be very nice.

• 7 months later...
daniel81

Hello,

i found this post for german airdates.

I wanted to give this a try, but the link to the file in post 1 is down.

Can someone upload the dll?

Thanks

regards Daniel

just.RooT

Hi,

Same Problem here.

That is what im looking for since weeks.

I got a lot of series in English and German. So it would be awesome if the tab "upcoming" shows the series for the appropriate language. Is this possible, or is all German or all English ?

Kind regards

Thorsten

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk