Cytec Metadata - German Airdate Support

Bufu

I checked the api results from cytec and the plugin shows exact the same data ... It seems like cytec has some problems with wrong dates :(

shorty1483

@@Bufu So according to this thread http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/11117-upcoming-shows-not-showing-up/I removed the one series not showing up in Upcoming from library and deleted all the xml or nfo related stuff in series and cache directory. When I readded series, data was refetched and the series showed up in upcoming. 

I'm just trying it with my other series still airing. May the force be with me :D

Edit: Everything's showing now in Upcoming like on cytec. Well done Bufu! It just shows until the end of february, I think perhaps there is kinda item limit. Will check out from week to week.

Edited by elysium

I've seen some of you got a little confused on how the NextAired stuff is handled. Maybe i can clear that up a little bit:

First of all the main goal was to bring (sort of) german Airdates in an usable api, which isn't that easy at all... as there are several series which are aired on different networks at different times through the german speaking countries (Switzerland, Austria and Germany)

So baiscally to have the correct dates available one must save up to 3 different dates for one episode and then query for the users origin country to provide the actually correct date and network which is way to much effort for what i was planing to do in the first place. As i said before it was build to replace dates in SickBeard so that SB knows when to search for the next show. As the Scene doesn't really care about "network and country airings" i decided to use the FIRST airing in german speaking countries.

That's what @ mentioned here http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30923-cytec-metadata-german-airdate-support/?p=296667the date is not correct for TV Release but it is if you rely on Internet releases because there are some Shows which are available on Netflix, Amazon, Maxdome etc up to a week before the TV Release. And again. This is ment for SickBeard so the "Scene Release Date" is used here.

If you don't wish to use that feature (like you obvious do) simply go ahead, register your own account go to your profile and generate an api key. on your profile page you'll be able to enable/disable the option "Benutze Scene Release Dates im API!" and now you should get correct dates.

EDIT: the second thing is: that if there are no German Info's available you'll be provided with the original ones. to clear that up: IF there is only one single german date for a show, you won't get any original data. but if there is no german date you'll get the original ones instead... That may not be the best option for such a use case but again, this was intended to be an drop in tvdb replacement for my SickBeard for and never intended to be used as an upcoming shedule in media centers...

There is an V2 Api for this purpose which obviously isn't compatible with thetvbd anymore but therefore gives you an front end like overview on what's airing in the next x Days. which in my oppionion should be used by media centers instead of relying on some meta data... Sooooo... if i get that correctly emby stores the "upcoming" stuff in a different location then the meta data itself? if thats the case @@Bufu may contact me and we'll get something working based on the V2 api to ONLY provide the UPCOMING data ... 

I Hope that helped some of you :)

PS: that said option may not work 100% as there was changed a lot of how the server handles requests and especially caching as there are a ton of requests all of a sudden... so you may will get the wrong dates even if you disabled the option in your profile... but i'm currently working/thinking of a solution for that already. 

Edited by cytec
  • Like 1

shorty1483

Nice to see you here @@cytec

I'm the one who wrote the message on your forum.

Really looking forward to see a reliable solution from you and @@Bufu.

Talking about your suggestions, there is an API key field in the plugin, we are registered on your site with an own API key which is used. The scene release option is not checked in settings. But the dates in my calendar on your page are different to the ones given out by the API, but not for all series. The dates in calendar on webpage are the correct ones though. When downloading e.g. Castle, all episodes are one week ahead in de.zip, is this due to the Maxdome presentation? But then shouldn't Maxdome also shown on the webpage where it says kabel1?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

Edited by elysium

shorty1483

Bufu, don't know what happened, but after server reboot today in the morning followed by a regular library scan, all the Upcoming stuff lost german airdates and just shows the airdates of tvdb :( . A check of /cache/tvdb shows, that all still airing series got replaced by the tvdb stuff ignoring the crytec plugin. I'm using Dev-Server so I don't know if something changed in Server core related to that.

In Upcoming, the Episodes are shown with the US airdates, but with german <studio> which is stored in tvshow.nfo with the the media.

Edited by elysium

@ the dates on the website are targeted to TV Distribution the ones provided by the api can be either those for tv or for scene dates... that's not really the cleanest solution as there are a few shows which show dates with a week offset but i don't know any other way for handling this as... technically the dates on the website are correct for TV release but some shows can be watched a week before "original" release online (this isn't needed for "upcoming" but for SickBeard etc) 

EDIT: i've been thinking about this stuff for a while now already and the only thing i came up with are those:

1. A Seperate api endpoint for either TV or Scene stuff

2. Disable caching for the api (unlikely to happen as of the huge load)

3. Use the Current V2 API (with some addons) to get the Correct Dates ONLY for TV

Or what is in my mind for a long time already: just disable the Scene Stuff and provide original first TV Release in german spoken areas

Edited by cytec
  • Like 1

@@cytec

I have tried any combination of settings in my tvdb.cytec usersettings, but i never get the right dates for german tv releases.

What about different zips for each country?

You can leave the de.zip at current airdate, to support SickBeard, but add a de-de.zip for german airdates, a de-ch.zip for Switzerland and a de-a.zip for Austria.

To load the upcomings shows not from Metadata, requires some changes in the emby-server-core and i think luke will not very happy about this pull-request :D

@

I got the same problem since yesterday. I will add a log entry, to be able to retrace the real source for airdates. I'm not sure if the wrong tvdb airdates are loaded from to tvdb. Maybe they are loaded from cytec.

Edited by Bufu
  • Like 1

@@Bufu that wouldn't really change anything for the upcoming releases as they use de.zip anyway so you'll still end up with those offsets anyway... but i've made some changes to the code and it should work now properly if Scene Dates are disabled in the user profile 

EDIT: But still: if i have no airdates for a show you'll get the original ones back anyway. But i've also added a button in the User's drop down to request addition of new Shows to the database ;)

Edited by cytec
  • Like 1

@cytec: you are right, if i still use de.zip there are no changes (For SickBeard, etc)

But i want to put a option in plugin settings, where you can choose:

- First german airdate: de.zip

- Fist TV Release in Germany: de-de.zip

So the User can choose which Airdate is the most important for him and get the Upcoming.

Thanks for your Changes in Scene Dates settings! I will test it :-)

shorty1483

@@Bufu

Currently doing a fresh intial scan before giving me the Kante at the Zoch on Rosenmonday :D

Just checked to v2 api stuff and the dates are indeed correct. Can the Plugin queries be modified to the new v2 api? don't know if it's still usable with the fallback to tvdb ?

e.g.

http://tvdb.cytec.us/v2/user/calendar/APIKEY/20160208/30

Edited by elysium

@@Bufu well i don't store different dates for each episode so providing multiple (country) versions of a zip file isn't possible at all... But with the recent changes one can decide if he wants dates for TV release or dates for Scene releases simply by checking the option in the profile ;)

Just test it and let me know :) (to be clear on this: the dates provided by the api without Scene Option should now match those displayed on the website)

@@Bufu nope v2 isn't compatible with thetvb also @@Bufu mentioned that getting upcoming dates from enywhere but the metadata would require core changes...

Edited by cytec

shorty1483

But @@cytecNot working for all my series. On some there is an offset of 8 days even when Scene releases is disabled in legacy api (this is just my worst case series, Big Bang e.g. is correct dated, Navy CIS 1 day ahead).

Anyway thx for your help. We appreciate it!

<Episode>
<id>5249001</id>
<IMDB_ID>tt4667522</IMDB_ID>
<Combined_episodenumber>1</Combined_episodenumber>
<Combined_season>8</Combined_season>
<DVD_chapter></DVD_chapter>
<DVD_discid></DVD_discid>
<DVD_episodenumber></DVD_episodenumber>
<DVD_season></DVD_season>
<Director>Rob Bowman</Director>
<EpImgFlag>2</EpImgFlag>
<EpisodeName>XY (1)</EpisodeName>
<EpisodeNumber>1</EpisodeNumber>
<FirstAired>2016-02-07</FirstAired>
<GuestStars>|Sunkrish Bala|Brad Lee Wind|Coby Ryan McLaughlin|Jack Coleman|Daisy Betts|</GuestStars>
<Language>de</Language>
<Overview>After passing the Captain's exam last season, Beckett was surprised with an offer to run for State Senate. In the action packed season premiere, Castle and Beckett are adjusting to Beckett's career change, when a call from a mysterious stranger sets off an explosive chain of events. There are two sides to every story, and this unique two-parter will explore the same story from each of their perspectives, first from Castle's side as he searches for Beckett.</Overview>
<ProductionCode></ProductionCode>
<Rating>7.4</Rating>
<RatingCount>16</RatingCount>
<SeasonNumber>8</SeasonNumber>
<Writer>|Terence Paul Winter|Alexi Hawley|</Writer>
<absolute_number>152</absolute_number>
<filename>episodes/83462/5249001.jpg</filename>
<lastupdated>1454454283</lastupdated>
<seasonid>625700</seasonid>
<seriesid>5249001</seriesid>
<thumb_added>2013-09-26 22:28:20</thumb_added>
<thumb_height>225</thumb_height>
<thumb_width>400</thumb_width>
</Episode>

VS

56b84b9f03880_Unbenannt.png

Edited by elysium

@ i got the same error here, but i check the possible solutions in a private chat with cytec. If there are any new informations about that, i will post it here :)

• Like 1

Version 1.4 is online:

Any XML which is downloaded from cytec is marked with "<CytecSource>true</CytecSource>"

Some Bugfixes in Plugin Settings

With a API Key, which i get from cytec, all Airdates are correkt for germany. Please check again, if your profile settings in tvdb.cytec are correct (Scene Dates disabled) and start a new initial scan!

• Like 1

After some tests all results are correct :)

Waiting for new Bugs :D

Edit: Still searching for more testers!

Edited by Bufu

shorty1483

@@Bufu

Ran the scan during Karnvevalszug ;)

Everything's looking absolutely correct right now. Perfectly done of you guys @@Bufu @@cytec Thousand Thanks! Will wait if the Upcoming changes again to US airdates

@@cytec

The request link for new series is nice. Could also be a template for reporting an error be implemented? Use Case: Castle is aired on Kabel 1 on your homepage, but live it's airing at Sat1.

@ yeah was thinking about something like that... not 100% sure on how to handle this... i don't want all users to mess with the data so currently editing stuff is only for mods but i think i like the "there is an error" stuff... so maybe i'll implement something where you can change the series to what you think should be correct and then a mod has to review it before it's published ;)

shorty1483

@ i got the same error here, but i check the possible solutions in a private chat with cytec. If there are any new informations about that, i will post it here :)

Ok next day, same behaviour...items got replaced by original data from tvdb.

<CytecSource> is completely gone from the items :(

I don't have this issue ...

Maybe Cytecs tvdb server was not online, so emby used tvdb.com as fallback source ... i try to handle this problem

• Like 1

shorty1483

I don't have this issue ...

Maybe Cytecs tvdb server was not online, so emby used tvdb.com as fallback source ... i try to handle this problem

This is the server log snippet where it happened. There is no error message in log before that part that could trigger this :( It seems to me that if a regular Database scan is started by server (scheduled or when adding something), my Server is ignoring cytec plugin. The only time I see cytec in log is when server starts in the plugin listing and metadata fetching area. 

Do you want the whole log?

2016-02-09 15:35:52.6445 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://thetvdb.com/api/Updates.php?type=all&time=1454925450
2016-02-09 15:35:53.0585 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 73800, language de
2016-02-09 15:35:53.0585 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/73800/all/de.zip
2016-02-09 15:35:53.9570 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 264586, language de
2016-02-09 15:35:53.9570 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/264586/all/de.zip
2016-02-09 15:35:54.4101 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 262980, language de
2016-02-09 15:35:54.4101 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/262980/all/de.zip
2016-02-09 15:35:54.8476 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 80379, language de
2016-02-09 15:35:54.8476 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/80379/all/de.zip
2016-02-09 15:35:55.5585 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 164541, language de
2016-02-09 15:35:55.5664 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/164541/all/de.zip
2016-02-09 15:35:56.1601 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 72108, language de
2016-02-09 15:35:56.1601 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/72108/all/de.zip
2016-02-09 15:35:57.1601 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 83462, language de
2016-02-09 15:35:57.1601 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/83462/all/de.zip
2016-02-09 15:35:57.9179 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 79158, language de
2016-02-09 15:35:57.9179 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/79158/all/de.zip
2016-02-09 15:35:58.2304 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 121361, language de
2016-02-09 15:35:58.2304 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/121361/all/de.zip
2016-02-09 15:35:58.7226 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 284190, language de
2016-02-09 15:35:58.7226 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/284190/all/de.zip
2016-02-09 15:35:59.1132 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 295829, language de
2016-02-09 15:35:59.1132 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/295829/all/de.zip
2016-02-09 15:35:59.4960 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 95491, language de
2016-02-09 15:35:59.4960 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/95491/all/de.zip
2016-02-09 15:35:59.8476 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 75760, language de
Edited by elysium

Still trying to reproduce the error ... I really don't know why emby is using the tvdb api.

The only reason is that cytec dont support this series (or is offline) ...

@cytec: was your server down last night?