Cytec Metadata - German Airdate Support

Bufu

@Burikan 

Initial Scan complete, but ran into some weird problems (perhaps due to the mix of cytec and tvdb data?)...

Thanks for this analysis ... I will check the reason for this problems!

• Like 1

shorty1483

Thanks for this analysis ... I will check the reason for this problems!

Just speaking for the series here on my sys, but perhaps we find a bug scheme, in this example House of Cards:

House of Cards

S04E01+02 defined in cytec -> correct in Upcoming

S04E03-13 TBA in cytec -> fallback to thetvdb and therefore correct in Upcoming. But misleading for german programm, because thetvdb relies on a whole season release on Netflix on 04.03.2016

One problem I Identified, which goes through all my screenshots above:

1. We can just have one TV channel/network in upcoming, but the Fallback to thetvdb in the plugin load data from the original broadaster when cytec says TBA. 

Possibility 1: possibility to have Upcoming entries with different Broadcasters (e.g. ProSieben AND CBS)

Possibility 2: Block entries from thetvdb (I think not a good idea :D)

Possibility 3: Another Idea from you? :D

I installed a new emby setup without any old library data, add the plugin and scan my whole libery.

Result: All Airdates are correct / no mix with us-tvdb dates.

I have to check the force reload library function in my plugin. Maybe exisiting dates will not be deleted, if there is no german airdate to replace the old data.

Edited by Burikan
  • Like 1

shorty1483

I installed a new emby setup without any old library data, add the plugin and scan my whole libery.

Result: All Airdates are correct / no mix with us-tvdb dates.

I have to check the force reload library function in my plugin. Maybe exisiting dates will not be deleted, if there is no german airdate to replace the old data.

I also thought if it could be a mixup of old and new data, even initial scan done. It looks like available data from cytec was just added to existing ones.

I store my data with the media.

Edited by elysium

I also thought if it could be a mixup of old and new data, even initial scan done. It looks like available data from cytec was just added to existing ones.

I store my data with the media.

Ahhh okay, i don't do this ... I try to get a support for this option too!

shorty1483

Ahhh okay, i don't do this ... I try to get a support for this option too!

But I have to say all my Emby generated nfo's are modified by the initial scan, when looking on the changed date of the file. Also all series in /cache/tvdb are modified. So this works. I think/hope it's just a problem with the fallback to tvdb if cytec is TBA instead of a fixed date.

Perhaps @@Tranquil can also test this plugin.

But as of now, great work! I really appreciate it!

Edited by elysium
  • Like 1

shorty1483

OK @ , further investigations:

I checked the files in /cache/tvdb for a wrong showing episode, in this case Big Bang Theory S09E04, airing 04.02.2015 (according to tvdb because cytec says TBA).

56b4a813bc162_bbt.png

Then I checked following files:

episode-abs-197.xml -> the tag <FirstAired></FirstAired> is empty

episode-9-14.xml -> the tag <FirstAired></FirstAired> is empty

de.xml -> the tag <FirstAired></FirstAired> is empty

Then I filled the tags with 2016-02-08 for fun to see a change in upcoming and did a simple library rescan task.

Result:

56b4a83d72935_Unbenannt.png

Then I removed my own entries one after the another from thew modified xml's and did a rescan of library. I expected the the episode moves back to 04.02.2016, but now It stays at the date 08.02.2016 instead of going back to the old date.

Long story short: I really don't know anymore what's stored where for the upcoming part...

Edited by elysium
  • Like 1

Wow great job, thanks! :)

So the plugin rescan task seems to work correkt, but there is another cache for upcoming, which is not cleared and could not be override with new date, because there is no new date in xml file.

I have to analyse the Emby src, maybe i find a second cache for upcoming...

• Like 1

shorty1483

Think I have to piss of @@Luke again. Luke, I know you're busy. But you don't need to do anything except to reveal the secret, where upcoming data is cached except of /cache/tvdb or /cache/tmdb-tv.

Please...  :wub:

Edited by elysium

It looks like there is no upcoming data cache... here is the problem:

while scan: the airdate of a episode will only set in libraray, if there is an airdate in the xml. If there is no airdate in xml file, the airdate value in library will not be set and the old value will stay there!

Edited by Burikan
  • Like 1

i think the plugin should just implement the metadata provider and that's it, and not worry about refreshing the user's library. leave that to the user manually, and to future enhancements to the emby core to do it more autoamtically

shorty1483

So atm the plugin works just with stuff not present in library until first time added and scanned using the plugin as metadata provider.

Edited by elysium

Luke is right, the part of force library refesh should not be a part of a plugin ... And the actual "problem" of force refresh is a part of emby core. I try to fix it, but i'm not sure if it's possible from inside a plugin.

• Like 1

So atm the plugin works just with stuff not present in library until first time added and scanned using the plugin as metadata provider.

Or unless you refresh something manually. Since you can refresh from a top level folder in the metadata manager already, there's no reason for the plugin to go through all that trouble to duplicate it.

What users will need to do is make sure the fetcher is prioritized higher than the regular tvdb. So Burikan, you can implement IHasOrder to try and make it appear higher in the list.

shorty1483

Or unless you refresh something manually. 

This does not work, as already described in post #12.

Edited by elysium

pünktchen

What are you expecting? The data has to be downloaded at some point right?

Yes, but i've hoped there's a way to redownload the series.zip without touching existing local library entries.

Yes, but i've hoped there's a way to redownload the series.zip without touching existing local library entries.

Yes, this is what the plugin do ... you don't loose your watched state etc!

Edited by Bufu

pünktchen

Yes, this is what the plugin do ... you don't loose your watched state etc!

But my whole tv library gets replaced with german airdates and tv stations.

Yes, but this is the only reason to use this addon?!

I don't understand what you want. German Airdates or US Airdates?

• Like 1

But my whole tv library gets replaced with german airdates and tv stations.

I checked the option to save german airdates to a serpate file and just change the upcoming site. This implementation would not change your library, but the upcoming calculation is a server core part and i can't change this with a plugin ...

pünktchen

Yes, but this is the only reason to use this addon?!

I don't understand what you want. German Airdates or US Airdates?

I want first ever airdates and tv stations for my library no matter what country! Upcoming is just a reminder for me to know there are new episodes in german tv that i don't own yet. It's not really a problem of your plugin but how Emby handles metadata.

I could try to lock airdates at library level and then do a force refresh, but from my experience those locking isn't reliable.

Edited by pünktchen

shorty1483

Ok just doing another initial library scan. But first try looks near to what I want to see. Some hickups with dates but for alpha stage it's more than reliable. Now I have reason to have a look into Upcoming section :D Thx @@Bufu

56b4f9e2a81fe_Unbenannt5.png

Edited by elysium
  • Like 1