ShadeBlack

Suggestion: Down for maintenance

PuffyToesToo

I found a simple way well kinda - what I have done is set up a folder on c drive with nothing in it except a jpeg with whatever message i want to send out - when i'm doing work on my movie/TV (whatever files) I remove them from the server and place the message folder in .. yea its a little work but at the least I don't call all my family lol... I have been looking at setting a 2nd server with all the same settings but no library - when i'm ready to work on the "real" server Ill take the server off line and turn on the message server.. not the best way of doing things but it works for me.. and the best part the family thinks i'm a genus well sort of..

Please be kind when you blow my system apart :-) 

This is all I do (it's just my parents mind you). I let them know ahead of time if there are any important messages. Additionally, maybe it's possible to set this to play in Cinema Mode prior to them watching anything? I also have simple instructions for them on how to use playlists etc. Of course, this doesn't work on sudden problems that don't work if Emby is down altogether.  This was just my simple workaround for it.  

RanmaCanada

I know I am necroing this post hardcore, and I am sorry.  What about a maintenance mode that force changes the background to say such and maybe the icons on the libraries as well?  I myself am currently at the point where I need to replace a drive on in my array due to failure, and upgrade the parity.

Edited by RanmaCanada

Luke

What about a maintenance mode that force changes the background to say such and maybe the icons on the libraries as well?

Agreed that there are good ideas here that would help with system maintenance.

Emby Net

this is a great ideal

rechigo

Maybe something simpler that you guys could try to implement now would be to allow people to at least reach the login page when remote access is disabled, instead of a plain text message that says "Forbidden"

That way, once you have disabled remote access, it's as simple as setting the login disclaimer to something else

ebr

Maybe something simpler that you guys could try to implement now would be to allow people to at least reach the login page when remote access is disabled, instead of a plain text message that says "Forbidden"

That way, once you have disabled remote access, it's as simple as setting the login disclaimer to something else

I think that would be a bad security practice as it exposes the fact that the server is there to everyone (hackers).

• Like 1

Emby Net

great idea

theghost31

Hi

This feature could be awesome, I do some backup every two weeks, I would to have a button to enable the maintenance mode :)

Is there any dev on it?

At least a start of something or a draft maybe ?

I will follow this feature in the time to know when it will be ready ')

thebutchergr

that's a great idea