Emby for Kodi addon- Library sync thread has exited

Bernie V

Angelblue05

Well the good news is that the throttle does work. It was able to gather all of your songs from your server, even if the connection was timing out often. I took about 50mins to pull all your songs.... It timed out 25 times... I still think something is up with your server.

The bad news is that your log ends with NFS is idle. Closing the remaining connections. It seemed to be processing your songs until then. Still, 24 hours and it's still not done O.o... Can you tell me your music metadata settings in the add-on > sync option > the music options are at the bottom of the list. Maybe you'll want to disable any activated settings from the music metadata section to speed up your songs processing.

56bd7fb3c89c6_musicmetadata.png

Edited by Angelblue05

Bernie V

All the music metadata options are enabled in the add-on. I will disable them. The sync does only have problems with the musc. Movies and music videos are synced well and these I can play already in Kodi. But due to the music error the initial sync comes back everytime. All my music is tagged with MP3tag.

It's difficult to see how many items are processed. In my case after 24h I don't know how far the sync was. Maybe a counter could be usefull like "songs processed x/total songs". It's a pitty that all the songs that where processed yesterday are not in the Kodi database and after, a new sync would continue with the missing ones.

Emby server and Kodi (OSMC) are running on a Raspberry PI 2 model B. This is a lightweight device but does his job. I don't need to transcode anything and playing movies and music videos in Kodi works like a charm. Just that music....

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I see. The progress bar gives you the x/total songs percentage.

Yeah I understand what you mean. Especially in your case, since you have so many songs. It had processed a little bit more than 15000 songs by the end of your log.

We are hoping the server will be eventually be able to read and import your ID3 tags into your library. The add-on music metadata settings is providing functionality that should really be done by the server, but because it's not, marcelveldt decided to provide an alternative. Anyway, disabling the settings should improve the song import process speed; at least, allow the sync to complete within a reasonable amount of time.

Let me know how it goes. I'm fairly confident the sync will complete correctly with the settings disabled (essentially the add-on will skip probing your songs files). You can re-enable the setting after, and it will update your songs as you play/update them with your ID3 tags. I hope this helps.

Edited by Angelblue05

Bernie V

Before I do another db reset in Kodi I did this yesterday:

- Unchecked music in the Kodi add-on to sync, only movies will be synced

- Locol db reset and let the initial sync run to sync movies (+- 5 min duration). So initial sync is passed :)

- checked music sync in the add-on

- did a manual full content update before sleeping

- this morning all my music was synced in the Kodi db without error

Only thing: only albumartists are in the artist db in Kodi. Not all the artists from my compilations (The Kodi setting is set for this). 

Can I fix this without a local db reset? (Now run a manual sync?)

Thx for advise ;)

Angelblue05

Nice, that's good news. You could have probably done it in one go, but I'm glad it completed and the throttle works. Do you have the log from when you ran the manual sync (or was it the repair sync)? It should give you an idea of how long it took to sync your music.

What do you mean by the kodi setting is set for this?

We pull the list of artists from emby. If you go to the emby webclient and select your music, the list we pull is the Album Artists. Artists from the compilation are only added to the Artist kodi entry if the Album Artists is empty, otherwise they are added as a link between the artist and the song (they do not show up as "main artist"). This means, if you search for a specific artist, it should turn up the song they produced, even if they don't show up in the Artist kodi entry.

If I'm misunderstanding, can you give a specific example of what you would expect to happen? We can always re-adjust if the add-on's behavior is incorrect. 

Edited by Angelblue05

Bernie V

Yes, there's a setting a Kodi for artists on compilations. With this setting the artist on a compilation is listed in the artist after add music to the library. As I understand the the Emby for Kodi add-on don't take care about this setting.

This is the setting in Kodi: "Include artists who appear only on compilations" -> http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Music

If the setting "Include artists who appear only on compilations" is on then Emby for Kodi add-on should add all the artists in on compilations also in the artist list in Kodi (and not as a various aritist).

Angelblue05

@@Decension Thanks for reporting with a log! Looking into it.

Grr of course when I'm ready to fix it, I can't load xbmclogs anymore. Frikkin Kodi servers....

The fix is in the next beta version, which we'll release to stable after I'm sure there no more bugs to be found in 2.2.0

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

This thread is getting a bit long. It's inconvenient to track issues this way, and harder for users to see the actually issues reported, so I am going to lock it. If you experience the same pop up message, please start a new thread. We'll be more than happy to help.

Edited by Angelblue05