Kodi content not appearing in Emby...help please?!

JoanShellard

JoanShellard

Hi, I'm good with a PC but not a coder...so patience please : )

I have succesfully installed the Emby server, Kodi (15.2) and the "Emby for Kodi" Add-On (repository) in Kodi. However, the Kodi content is not appearing in the Kodi window of the Emby server (see screenshot). I watched the ''Emby for Kodi" tutorial by xnappo and the Kodi content seemed to magically appear in Emby...am i missing something??? Do i need to use the "path substitution" to direct Emby to Kodi? If so, what are the path settings? I tried to set-up a movie folder using "network" to select the entire server (Joan-Dell) but after i exit the ''Add Media" window, no folder is created. I can create a folder containing my local (PC) videos by selecting server/Users/my name.

Thanks for your help and for developing this open source media server...i look forward to watching movies from Kodi via Emby & Roku on a big screen : ) 

post-106081-0-51513900-1453262163_thumb.jpg

yardameus

You shouldn't have to do anything like selecting the entire server.  Do you have your libraries setup properly in emby server?  Are all the files on a different network storage?  Maybe a screenshot of your library setup in the webclient, and an explanation of where these files are stored and what types of video they are?  (tv, movies, etc...)  Each library location ideally would be one type (movies points to main movie folder containing all your movies, etc...)

JoanShellard

Hi, OK maybe i don't understand how Kodi works on Emby. What i'd LIKE to do is stream Kodi content to my Roku device. From what i've read, i need the Emby server to deliver the Kodi content to my Roku. Is this correct? I don't have downloaded movies in folders in a library (if that's what you're asking)? I can easily create a movie folder somewhere in my PC/server but how do i load it with Kodi content?

JoanShellard

Thx but I want to go the other way, Kodi content to Emby. Simply put, how do i stream a movie from a channel in Kodi (e.g. IChannel) via Emby to my Roku?

Angelblue05

No, the add-on doesn't help with this.

Your emby server is the central point. You add your media libraries to your emby server in the emby dashboard > library > Add Media library. You manage your metadata and artwork on your server. Then, apps connect to your server. For Roku, there's an emby app which connects your Roku to your emby server. You can then view and playback your library. The same thing with the emby for Kodi add-on. It simply connects to your emby server, sync the content to Kodi and essentially turns your Kodi into a player (it does not manage your metadata and artwork anymore, it just playbacks the content).

Your playstates is centralized in emby. But there's no streaming of content Kodi to Emby.

For example, you can start watching something in Kodi, stop it. Playback the content there from the same point you left off, etc via other apps available to emby.

Edited by Angelblue05