Tanamur

Tanamur
MBServer: Version 3.0.5083.27698
MBClassic: Version 3.0.100.0 B12-4.1
MBTheater: Not installed
PC Server OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Codecs: Nothing other than installed with Win7 out of the box and MBServer
Extender:  HP MediaSmart Connect x280n

Sorry if this is a bump of my own topic but could someone instruct me how I can go about troubleshooting mp4 audio playback failure on my extender?

I am no expert on containers and codecs. From my standpoint, the mp4 files play video & audio in everything locally on my HTPC/laptop including Media Center and MB-Classic. Also, the mp4 files play video & audio with no problem on the extender in the native HP interface both from the local hard disk and network share from the same HPTC/Laptop (so the device can play the video/audio). It is just the playback through Media Center and MB-Classic that fails on the audio portion on the extender. Video works perfectly.

ffprobe = Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: aac (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 124 kb/s (default)

I would really appreciate a point in the right direction. I have not started installing codecs when I don't understand most of the settings and the files play fine locally outside of Media Center. Full clean logs are in the other topic.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2583-extender-mbc-audio-in-mp4-container-not-playing/

Thanks, Tanamur