Migrated to new iMac and had issues with 'database disk image malformed' FIXED

AZRichG

AZRichG

I post this in case it will help others save some time.

Lucky me, I bought a 2015 iMac, got it yesterday and migrated to it from a TimeMachine backup.

When I tried Emby today not much happened, just the spinning color changing dot. After 10 minutes or so I broke the spell it had cast on me and went exploring. Thought maybe I needed to re-enter my Schedules direct info, or the IP for my HDHR Prime as I had done some network cable changes.

Everything I did got the same response- Changes were saved but there was a number in a red circle at the top of my Safari webpage. Those messages showed that 'database disk image may be malformed or damaged' or something like that.

So I searched the forums here and found this in the Windows section-

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26308-database-disk-image-is-malformed/?hl=malformed

After un-hiding hidden folders (had forgotten how to do that) I was able to find the library.db file mentioned there. I had to look through my log to see where it was, starting with a .config folder (that was hidden), emby-server folder.... 

Trashing this folder solved my issue. I re-started the server and re-entered my Schedules Direct info, everything populated after a few minutes I have a guide again.

Not sure why this all happened, if there was a better way for me to migrate Emby to a new computer I'm happy to hear it. Also if anyone has hints or suggestions on what ELSE I might have missed in the transfer please let me know!

Emby is running silky smooth now as far as I can tell. Some of my channels have the wrong icons in the guide still, but the program info is correct and that's more important!

HTH someone save some time, thanx again for the forum and app!

Rich