Some TV show missing on 2 KODI OSMC device

ravingzeus

ravingzeus

Other question, is it normal that I see "Opening flux" even if it seems to be a direct play? Maybe it'S opening stream in english...  I'ts ouverture du flux en francais

Edited by ravingzeus

Angelblue05

Check this post for the log: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Once you have it working, you won't need to reset.

As I said the "file not there" means Kodi can't see the file at the path location we inserted in the database. Unfortunately, what happens with direct paths playback is not added in logs since Kodi handles it. That's why I asked you to using plugin paths, so we can actually see where it's failing... 

Other question, is it normal that I see "Opening flux" even if it seems to be a direct play? Maybe it'S opening stream in english...  I'ts ouverture du flux en francais

It's Kodi's default message when it takes longer than expected for the add-on to return the path. It does not mean it's streaming, etc. It's just a default message.

Edited by Angelblue05

ravingzeus

. That's why I asked you to using plugin paths, so we can actually see where it's failing... 

Sorry, not sure about that point, what is the "plugin path" exactly, it represent what option? Did i test it like you asked or not? I can do it, but not sure what it represent.

Sorry, like I said english is not my primary language, it'S hard sometimes for me to read between line and link stuff together :)

Thanks for the link for LOG let me know if I should use the Info or Debug log in my case if I still get the problem

Angelblue05

To use plugin paths (where the addon controls what happens before playback starts) you just need to make sure "Use local paths instead of plugin redirect" is disabled. Then you need to reset your database so instead of inserting the direct paths to your file, we insert a plugin://plugin.video.emby path to access your file. Essentially, when you launch playback, it asks the add-on what path/url to play (which we query in real time from your server).

It's no problem, just let me know if you need me to translate it in french for you.

Edited by Angelblue05

ravingzeus

Ok, good, I was not sure, but that's what I was thinking.

What is better at the end, having my kodi using plugin paths or direct path? If one is working at the end and not the other, is there a huge difference? it can slow down my PC server?

Now my kodi is resynching with direct path ON, so if I still get the problem, I will put it back to off and resynch and give it a try, i will post a log if it'S still failing.  If it's working fine, I will try to add a movie or a TV show later on to see if it'S synch by itself in KODI or not.

Sorry, i know I using lot of your time, but I'am getting closer :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It's all good :)

For OSMC, I'd say using Direct paths is the way to go (probably just for the playback start speed). The difference is since we can't control playback with Direct paths, we can't provide certain Emby features such as Cinema mode, direct stream/transcoding ability. 

Edited by Angelblue05

ravingzeus

Ok, I don't know Cinema mode, direct stream/transcoding ability are for, so probably dont need, I will start with the basic fro now, I was just looking for a way to start a movie somwhere and restart it somwhere else :)

Well!!  Local database reset and resynch is done in Kodi and guess what?, It's working fine, with instant play, no more opening flux message, didn't test all my tv shows, but for now they are all working good.

So full resynch was needed, doNt, know if it'S normal?  He didn't like my folder clean up i guess, it was too much for him. Now, I just hope it will synch itself when I add new movie and series... I will try that, maybe tonight or later.  But will let you know.

My setting in KODI right now is with option "USe local path" activated, no username/password in playback setting and play from Http desactivated.

One last thing, but don't waste your time on this, I will open a new thread later if I do more testing, but maybe you have a fast answer for that.

I tried  to use my kodi remotly 2 days ago with emby, i have a ddns adress that I put in secondary ip adress (not there anymore, I removed it after my remote testing), I activated read with http. I opened my ports in my router, I was able to connect to the server outside my network, but file were not accessible, kodi starts to synch everything again, but I didn't let him finish to see if it was working at the end.  

So my question is: is that normal that KODI resynch to be able to see the file if I connect remotly? IS it because local path was activated at first (probably after what you explained)?  Should I desactivate local path if I plan to use it remotly one day? Or I have no choice and KODI will always resynch while going remotly after a local use.

I don't have plan to use it remotly for now, but would like to know what I will have to do if I need to use it remotly.

Thanks again for you help, really really apreciated!, like i said, don't need to respond at this last question if it'S too long, I will open a new thread later if needed to not mix all stuff.

Edited by ravingzeus
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Ah! I'm glad you got playback working now. That was very odd. 

The alternate address is still very basic. I haven't had a chance to work more on it. The way it works is you enter the external server ip/ddns under the alternate address option in the add-on settings. Don't forget to make sure the port number is correct. Press ok, then restart Kodi.

However this does not work with using Direct Paths obviously. Only when using plugin paths. The only time you really need to reset is if you decide to switch from direct path to plugin paths and vice versa. Hope this answers your question, if not, feel free to open a new thread. We want to make the setting as automatic as possible in the future, however at this moment I have my hands full with beta. But there's definitively plans for improvement in this area.

ravingzeus

I'am sure you are really busy, that'S why i'am surprise that you took so much of your time to help me and I really aprreciate it.

I will wait more stable version to go further in testing (like remote access).  I will do some testing with my actual setup on my side and will report you any problem to help you with futur version.

Again, big big thanks for all your work, really nice addon!  Is there a way to donate without having license option, just a simple donation? Don't know yet if I need the full Emby premiere expreience option, since i'am new, maybe later,  but would like to help the best i can for now. :)