Some TV show missing on 2 KODI OSMC device

ravingzeus

ravingzeus

Hi

I installed EMBY on 2 raspberry pie (1 and 2) device that are running OSMC.  I was able to synch my movie and tv shows, all my movie are there, but I have some issue with the TV show.  I can see all my TV show directory, some of them I can see the total of episode, but some of the no.  When I click on the tv show with no episode, there is no tv show inside, it'S empty.  I have the same issue with my 2 device, but I do see the missing file in the server and I can also see them with my iphone in the emby apps.  So really seems to be related with kodi.  I tried to restart the server, resynch the library in KODI mutliple times, reset all emby setting in kodi... no luck

Any idea?

Edited by ravingzeus

Angelblue05

Check the season and episodes in the emby metadata manager to make sure there's a season number defined in the metadata field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

ravingzeus

I checked the metadata database and not sure what to look at?  I checked a TV show that is working and compare it to one that is not working, and I can't figure out what to check, both seems to be the same, I donT' see any episodes option

EDIT:  Ok I found an option, I can test that.  Do I have to changed all the metadata manually?  

I don't have time today to try that, I will check later and get back to you.

Thanks

Edited by ravingzeus
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

In the emby metadata manager, just open the file tree for the tv show. You should see seasons and episodes. Click on the season and make sure there's a season number in the season field. :)

• Like 1

ravingzeus

Ok i tried real fast to edit one for a tv show. I edit a tv show that has 3 season. The season 1 and 2 was in a distinct folder and all the episode of the season 3 was in the root folder of the tv show (it was like that when I download it)

So I edit the metadata for all file, I did a full resynch in sever and kodi and I do see the season 1 and 2 now but not the season 3. Not sure watts wrong, maybe I need to put all season 3 files in a season 3 folder and try again. It I don't have time now, need to go to a Christmas party. I will try that later. I should reorganize all my tv show and put files in a specific season folder also...

Thanks for your help, really appreciated

I still have lots of questions for some other problem, but I will create a separate topic for them later, one step at a time :))

ravingzeus

I forgot, quick question.

Do I have to do a full resynch of my library in the server after modifying metadata or it will do it automatically. And I guess I don't have any choice and do a full resynch in kodi each time?

Angelblue05

No, it should pick it up automatically. The action of saving in the metadata manager sends a message to the addon which it then process accordingly. Are you using beta or stable version of the addon?

Vidman

Ok i tried real fast to edit one for a tv show. I edit a tv show that has 3 season. The season 1 and 2 was in a distinct folder and all the episode of the season 3 was in the root folder of the tv show (it was like that when I download it)

So I edit the metadata for all file, I did a full resynch in sever and kodi and I do see the season 1 and 2 now but not the season 3. Not sure watts wrong, maybe I need to put all season 3 files in a season 3 folder and try again. It I don't have time now, need to go to a Christmas party. I will try that later. I should reorganize all my tv show and put files in a specific season folder also...

Thanks for your help, really appreciated

I still have lots of questions for some other problem, but I will create a separate topic for them later, one step at a time :))

post a screen shot the the metadata editor page of a season 3 file that is not showing in kodi

ravingzeus

No, it should pick it up automatically. The action of saving in the metadata manager sends a message to the addon which it then process accordingly. Are you using beta or stable version of the addon?

Iam using stable version with kodi synch addin installed in the server and activated in kodi emby setting

ravingzeus

post a screen shot the the metadata editor page of a season 3 file that is not showing in kodi

I will reorganize all my tv show folder before first, because it will be better anyway. I will resynch and try it again in kodi and will come back if it's still like this. But it will be in the next days.

Thanks for all your help :)

ravingzeus

Ok, so I reorganized all my TV shows folder.  It took me 2 hours, but so far so good, they start to appear in KODI. It,s not finish yet, because while I was doing my clean up I close the server and deleted all the metadata file of all the files I was moving, just in case and I did a full resynch of the library in  the server.

I really had to do a specific directory for each season and put the correct syntax

if I take Dexter tv shows for example, I need to create the DEXTER folders, and Season 1 folder, Season 2 folder, ect.. and put all the file of each season in the root of the specific directory.

If the original name of the directory was S01 with something else beside it, it was not appearing in KODI, So i renamed all folder the same way, with Season #

Now I will wait the end of the synch and I will double check if all the season are the same in both server and kodi, I will come back to you and let you know if it's fine and if I have some missing and will provide a metadata printscreen.

Angelblue05

All the metadata imported to Kodi depends on your server properly detecting your file information, since we do not read files directly. If anything is off, usually means there will be issues importing them to Kodi (we need precise information since we are working with the Kodi database and not simply displaying content).

ravingzeus

Ok thanks.  

Library synch not completed yet, but they start to be all in KODI already, but there is some episodes that are now in KODI, but if I click on them it say "file is not avalaible anymore would you like to remove it form your library" (somthing similar to that, because my emby is in french)  So I ca't play it for now, I will wait the end of the synch and will se if I still get the same error, if I do, I will force a full manual resynch in KODI also, this take some time so I hope I will not have to do this

I will let you know how it goes, I really appreciate your time and big thanks for this amazing addon! I will be happy to donate, I already buythe in app pruchase in IOS app :)

Edited by ravingzeus

Angelblue05

Ok, je peux t'aider en francais, si tu veux ;)

If you are getting this error in Kodi, it means your paths are not formatted correctly, or you need to enter your network credentials.

What do your library paths look like in Emby > Library? Do you use path substitution?

ravingzeus

Si je m'explique mal en anglais je vais t'ecrire en francais, mais je vais continuer en anglais d,ici la pour aider les prochains qui utiliserons ce thread comme aide :)  Merci!

Synch is done in the server and still have the same issue.

I have path substitution activated, was not sure what it's for, but after some search I find out that it can give direct file access instead of going through the server, but I think it's most useful if the file are not on the same PC as the server.  I have 2 PC at home,.    I would like to avoid resynch in kodi, so any help will be appreciated :)  maison is my PC#1 and maison2 pc#2  I tested all the direct path in windows explorer, so path is good. Server is on maison PC#1.  I know that I should use only 1 drive, but my hard drives are too smal, I will buy a larger one later.

Here is my library path:

For movie:

E:\FILM 

F:\FILM 

G:\FILM 

H:\FILM

For TV show

E:\SERIES TV 

F:\SERIES TV 

G:\SERIES TV

H:\SERIES TV 

For music

F:\MUSIQUE 

And here is my path substitution:

E:\FILM \\maison\e\FILM

F:\FILM \\maison\f\FILM

G:\FILM \\maison\g\FILM

H:\FILM \\maison2\c\FILM

E:\SERIES TV \\maison\e\SERIES TV

F:\SERIES TV \\maison\f\SERIES TV

G:\SERIES TV \\maison\g\SERIES TV

H:\SERIES TV \\maison2\c\SERIES TV

F:\MUSIQUE \\maison\f\MUSIQUE

Edited by ravingzeus

ravingzeus

Here is my kodi addon setting if that could help. I hope we can fix that, I don't want to have to do a full resynch in kodi each time I will add a movie or tv shows in my server, that will be unusefull :(

For the server
Only thing I changed in Emby server was adding path substitution, specify a directory for the emby metadata and choose to put metedata in hidden file mode.

And I have the Emby for kodi synch queue plugins activated and activated in KODI option

post-99604-0-88285000-1451162449_thumb.jpg

Edited by ravingzeus

Angelblue05

Your path substitution looks fine. If you copy paste \\maison\e\Torrent\SERIES TV into windows explorer from a different pc, are you able to reach the folder content?

If so, then it must simply be needing network credentials. So in the add-on settings > playback > enter your network credentials so Kodi can access your files.

ravingzeus

Yes they open in explorer I always used SMB share in the past and I have network shar drive activated on other PCs,

Not sure what network credential means? If your talking about username and password to access my share drive, there is now username and password set, I can acces my drive without username and password, I used SMB share in KODI before and no username and password was required also, same thing from any other pc on my network to access thos drive.  

Edited by ravingzeus

ravingzeus

While i was waiting a reply,  I removed my path substitution and try it, and still the same

I removed the option "Use locate path instead of kodi redirect playback" in emby addon in kodi and still the same

I removed the add-on settings > playback > username and pasword, since it seams to be for network access per what you said and I don't have that set. And still not working

Hope i did not do all that since 2 days for nothing lol

Edited by ravingzeus

Angelblue05

No, do not remove the path substitution. Kodi can't access local paths over the network. Your paths are fine, I'm pretty sure Kodi just needs the credentials to access the share. They are the credentials of the window user account (username and password) used to access the share over the network.

The setting (local paths instead of plugin redirect) requires a reset of the database to take effect.

If you don't mind giving the following a try until everything works. Disable the use local path option. Reset your database (this will allow to use direct play and direct stream). Let your content resync. This time it will have plugin paths. This is just for testing purpose until we figure out your network credentials situation. Using this approach means you don't need to reset between attempts until you know your network creds are valid and you are able to achieve direct play.

With direct paths, we insert your path with credentials so they need to be inserted/correct prior to the import (this is changed in the beta version). So that's why I'm suggesting the plugin path approach, until we figure this out, then you can switch to direct paths with one last database reset (if you wish).

Let me know

Edited by Angelblue05

ravingzeus

Not sure to understand what you ask me to do (that'S were my french will be better lol)

I reset my KODI device (i didnt do it since the last library server synch) I can now stream, but not n direct stream, I saw that the system changed by itslef the option to play from http instead of SMB

So if I understand this is not direct play, right?

So you ask me to put back my path substitution (I will do it), Disable the use local path option (already done earlier), Reset my database (i will do that, hope I don't have to do that each tiem I add a new movie) and like I said, I don'T need username and password to acces my drives or computer

Like I said, not sure if a clearly understood were we are going, so I will do those steps and see for now

Edited by ravingzeus
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, if you are streaming, then no need to reset your library. :) I just wanted to make sure you were using plugin paths, but you are already set correctly.

Yes, you are correct, it is direct streaming and not direct playing. When using plugin paths, we verify the network credentials instantly (without needing a reset) so you can test combination until you are able to achieve direct play via this method.

You always need credentials for Kodi to access the drives. What you can do to test for the credentials is the following: In Kodi, go to Videos > Files > Add Videos (we are not adding a share, just navigating to it, to see if Kodi asks you for credentials) > Navigate via SMB to your maison share. If at any point it asks you for credentials, then you'll know. You can enter them and check "Remember" or just enter them in the add-on settings. Whichever should work.

Edit: Si c'est pas clair, laisse moi savoir. Il faut juste dire a Kodi quel utilisateur et mot de passe il faut utilise pour acceder a tes fichiers. Windows explorer se souvient de l'utilisateur et mot de passe a utilise, donc t'as pas besoin de l'utilisateur/mot de passe quand tu accedes tes fichiers de cette facon.

Edited by Angelblue05

ravingzeus

No need to do that to try, because I always use it like this before with SMB share before EMBY

I just reinstall KODI OSMC version 3 days ago, I went to video, add share, add SMB and I have added my folders, never asked for a username and password because I disable it on all my PC (not safe if somebody is on my wifi network i know!)

So that'S not the problem, I don't need credentials for sure, I just retry it to be sure, and still the same!

Edited by ravingzeus

Angelblue05

Ok, can you post your Kodi log when you try to playback something (make sure you first disable the play from http). It should give us an indication of what's wrong.

ravingzeus

I think I will need to do a full resynch in KODI, I just found out something, I'am able to play the TV shows that was in my kodi before reordering my server directory, but I am not able to play the new one that showed up after my directory clean up

Because now here is my setting

I put back my path substitution, I reactivated use local path option and removed play from http and reset my kodi device, removed all network playback username and password in KODI and i'Am able to play old TV show file, but on the new one and getting the error "file is not there anymore".   

Pretty sure it means that I need a kodi resynch, I hope this will fix it, but like I said, I hope I don't have to do a resynch each time I do a change on the server directory...

Also, let me know where I can find the log in case it'S not working, I activated the option in kodi emby addon, but not sure were they are saved,

Edited by ravingzeus