Emby Server - Per Library Streaming/Downloading Permission Settings

Phantomwalker

Phantomwalker

Hi guys...

I was wondering if there's any plans to make users on a server have the ability to set per library permissions. For example on my Music folder I might want some users to be able to stream/listen to the library, but not be able to download them. Others I might want the other way around. But at the same time. I may want them to not be able to encode/stream video to their devices but instead download the full file and play it locally. (Guests for example who are not in my network.) Where as another user I might prefer that they have the ability to stream or download video but have no download access to a single library.

Basically I would like to see/have per library permissions for each user if possible. (Maybe adding group permissions might make more sense if you have to go down this road?)

Hope that makes sense?

If it needs further clarification or a flow chart or something let me know. :)

Thanks!

-Phantom

Edited by Phantomwalker

Vidman

Maybe you should have a good look through the settings , these things you are requesting are already possible in some fashion

Edited by Vidman

• 4 weeks later...
Phantomwalker

Hey Vidman...

:D yeah you're right I'm guessing maybe I was really tired when I wrote this and muddled up my wording/thoughts on this..

The permissions are indeed in fact per user. I guess I was wondering if there would ever be Group/Library permissions where I could assign permissions to the library and not just the users.

Sorry if my original post didn't make any sense!

-Phantom