Search Not Returning Results in Emby Server 3.0.5781.x

overClocked!

overClocked!

Ever since I updated to 3.0.5781.3 and every subsequent release thereafter, I noticed that the search doesn't work.  Only a black screen with no visible results.  At first, I thought it was limited to the new iOS client.  Now, I realize it's doing that in the web client, too.

I've run the Clean Database task.  Updated to  3.0.5781.8 this morning and no change.  Attached is my most recent server log with the SearchTerm errors.

Anybody else experiencing this or figure out a way to get my search results showing up again?

BTW, LOVE the Holiday Themes!!  Pleasant surprise this morning!

ServerLog.txt

overClocked!

Here is an example of the weirdness.  If I do a search for "Pony" or "Magic", I get a few results.  Should be seeing far more than this.  But if I search simply on "Po" or "Ma" I get nada but a black screen, even after allowing enough time for the search to fetch some results.  It's running into something that's causing it to choke and I can't figure out what it is.

post-2317-0-66968700-1450734691_thumb.jpg

post-2317-0-16296500-1450734691_thumb.jpg

BlueKachina

I too, have experienced this. Search still works for me from the Android client, but not in Chrome when hitting the Web ui

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

overClocked!

Anyone have a minute to take a look and give some direction on this search issue? Tried again today and still having problems from web client (Chrome) and iOS mobile client.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by overClocked!

Happy2Play

Only issue I have seen is search not always working from dashboard.html (IE11 and Firefox), but going to index.html or any other page search worked.

Search worked fine in Chrome (Version 48.0.2564.48 beta-m (64-bit)).

Desktop versions, don't use mobile.

Edited by Happy2Play

pir8radio

Just tried, and seems to work on my server..3.0.5781.8    tried in dashboard.html and index.htm    search displayed from first character on.....

• Like 1

overClocked!

Just tried, and seems to work on my server..3.0.5781.8    tried in dashboard.html and index.htm    search displayed from first character on.....

It used to work great for me and was very very fast when returning results.  I'm just wondering why it suddenly stopped.  Could it be something in my library (maybe a title or person with a special character in the name that it's choking on)?  The errors in the log aren't specific enough for me to recognize what could be causing this.  It's getting to be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
seglertx

I'm experiencing the same thing in Version 3.0.5785.0 of Emby Server.  I sometimes get no results, or if I use a name Emby only lists people and not movies but the results are incomplete.  I recorded Annie (1982) over the holidays.  I knew I had an older copy recorded off of analog TV but the search only returned actors, directors, etc... with the name of "Annie" but no movies.  When I scrolled through the movies everything was there including six movies that start with "Annie".  When I searched for "david" I got a page of results but no "David Bowie" or any movies like "King David".

Happy2Play

I'm experiencing the same thing in Version 3.0.5785.0 of Emby Server.  I sometimes get no results, or if I use a name Emby only lists people and not movies but the results are incomplete.  I recorded Annie (1982) over the holidays.  I knew I had an older copy recorded off of analog TV but the search only returned actors, directors, etc... with the name of "Annie" but no movies.  When I scrolled through the movies everything was there including six movies that start with "Annie".  When I searched for "david" I got a page of results but no "David Bowie" or any movies like "King David".

The issue here is how limit of returns a search is set to (30).  I can see the same issue searching annie on my beta not returning movie but my stable version does.  But changing the search script limit higher returns movie.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27794-30-item-limit-on-search-no-pagination/?hl=%2Bsearch+%2Blimit

• 1 month later...
overClocked!

UPDATE:

I was getting channel errors in the logs when trying to perform a search. So I uninstalled all channel type plugins and restarted the server. That didn't help.

I upgraded to Server version 3.0.5882.0 and let it go through all schedules tasks at least twice overnight and now, the search is working again. I installed my Trailers channel and search continues to return (super fast) results on all clients.

So if you are still having some trouble give the latest stable version a try after removing your channel plugins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk