30 item limit on search? No pagination?

Ian-Highlander

Ian-Highlander

Should the search have pagination? If so, mine doesn't.

Having issues with the search not returning all results which makes it kind of pointless. Not sure if this is a bug, regression or a deliberate thing or just specific to my system.

For example I search for "Now That's What I Call Music" and I get 30 albums returned and no "Page 2" option or similar. I have over 100 albums with that precise phrase in the name.

Any ideas?

• Like 2

Happy2Play

You could always up the limit in the search.js.  Emby-Server\System\dashboard-ui\scripts

But note it will be reset with every server update.

Edited by Happy2Play

Ian-Highlander

Thanks @@Happy2Play

So there IS a 30 result limit, just upped that to 130 on mine and now get the right number of results back (until I find another search term that has more results). No offence intended guys but that limit's crazy given the size of libraries some people may have. It makes the search nearly useless in large libraries for certain terms.

Surely there should be a paginated search result giving everything that matches as with just about any other search system in the world?

I'll stick something in the feature request forum (assuming no one else has already done so) but really surprised it's not already there.

Edited by Ian-Highlander
  • Like 1

MikePlanet

+1 - imo it should work the same as other "internal searches" like person movies - first show a limited result set with a "show all" button" (to speed up initial search) and show all should display a paged full result list.

This is badly needed especially for metadata management. As it is I just use other metadata clients to add new media.

Another problem with the current search engine (I might open up a new topic just for this) is that searching some terms does not bring up all the results. It basically requires you to be very specific instead of being more broad. Searching on the forums i came across this and this asking to "increase" the capability of the search engine or rather bring it up to parity with the way search engines should behave out of the box but it has been over a year and no progress has been made in this area.

Edited by Guy
  • Like 1