Best way to rip and playback Full HD Frame-Packed 3D Blu-ray for Emby?

Sammy

mguebert

I get that and have been in a similar situation in the past. I found my Ceton ETH-6 to be to unstable for WAF. So I dumped the TV side of the media distribution and focused on movies. I have my backend separated because it would be to big to have in a LR. Backend is WHS running EMBY server, with Traid protecting the data.

All of my clients are Kodi with Emby addons, right now I have a mix of Celeron, I3 (nucs) and RPI2 clients. Eventually I will convert all to RPI2 they are so easy to hide behind the TV and as a bonus have a built in Pulse eight CEC adapter.

Yes the RPI can decode all DTS and Dolby digital formats, it will bitstream all of them up to HD audio such as DTS-MA and True-HD those it must decode and send to the AVR as LPCM.

The biggest thing I wanted to point out is that it is one of the few devices in Kodi that can output Frame Packed full res 3D files within Kodi and not using an external player. 

Makes things very simple which the wife who doesn't like tech finds easier.

I get that and have been in a similar situation in the past. I found my Ceton ETH-6 to be to unstable for WAF. So I dumped the TV side of the media distribution and focused on movies. I have my backend separated because it would be to big to have in a LR. Backend is WHS running EMBY server, with Traid protecting the data.

All of my clients are Kodi with Emby addons, right now I have a mix of Celeron, I3 (nucs) and RPI2 clients. Eventually I will convert all to RPI2 they are so easy to hide behind the TV and as a bonus have a built in Pulse eight CEC adapter.

Yes the RPI can decode all DTS and Dolby digital formats, it will bitstream all of them up to HD audio such as DTS-MA and True-HD those it must decode and send to the AVR as LPCM.

The biggest thing I wanted to point out is that it is one of the few devices in Kodi that can output Frame Packed full res 3D files within Kodi and not using an external player. 

Makes things very simple which the wife who doesn't like tech finds easier.

I may go that way too.. Actually been using Uverse for a while because my wife loves it but she's open for change if it is reliable and cheaper. I had my previous HTPC very reliable but it got damaged in a move when we combined households over a year ago and won't boot. That's why I'm working out a new one. With everything else going on the HTPC has had a lower priority but now there's some time to tinker again.

Obtaining Windows isn't an issue for me so I'm running Emby on it. I haven't messed with Kodi since 2011 or so when it was XBMC. I tried it, Plex and MB2.6.x and preferred Emby. Been using it ever since and been a supporter since MB3 came out two years ago. Can't wait to see Emby Theater.

So the rPi2 plays FP 3D with lossless audio using the internal player? That's pretty awesome! What decoders do you have to buy?

Can't go wrong with simple WAF. My wife is pretty techy but sometimes... Well, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. That said, I want to present a solid system to my wife so she can see what is really possible outside the iWorld if you get my meaning..

Thanks for all the cool information. When I actually go down the rPi road, I'll take a gander. Bookmarked for now.

Yeah the RPI2 needs to decoders to be the most effective a VC-1 and MPEG-2 at current exchange rates it is $5.50 for both.  Here is a video showing my RPI2 running kodi with Cinemavision plugin and Emby addon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B06e0ENXK_HKV1VEZjZuZGY4Zzg/view?usp=sharing

That is pretty cool. Probably the only feature that I'd use is the automatic lighting controls and I think I can program my Harmony 900 to do that. I get wanting the theater experience but most of the time I just want to watch the movie. It would be pretty cool to do that with an invited group to watch a movie though.. One day, when I build the HT room after our daughter moves out..

mguebert

One of the cool things about cinemavision is you can customize it to do exactly that. I have sequences that do nothing but lower the lights, sequences that do that and play the trivia and videos, and one for 3D features that tell you to put your 3D glasses on.

Does anyone have a link or copy of Mikinho's WMC Mount Image? I know I used to use that but now the link is dead.

I PM'd the developer, Micheal W., and have not heard back.