roku freezes after using emby

luke9511

luke9511

hey everyone, my inlaws have a roku 2 3100X and i installed emby so they can connect to my server and watch the movies and tv episodes i add to it, but for some reason after using emby the roku freezes to the point where you have to unplug it and plug it back in before it will work again,

its a cool dry place so its not a heat issue but i dont know what else it could be, also it looses the server info so it has to be manually put back in, anyone have any advice?

luke9511

No my issue is very different, my roku can play anything but if I leave it either on emby or the home screen after using emby my roku freezes to where I have to unplug it to get it to work

PattersonFamily

I'm experiencing this same issue. Some of the things I tested:

• MKV works fine when ripped from DVDs, not when converted from MP4 that were recorded using PlayOn.
  • It get to approximately 1/10th-1/8th of the load bar and then freezes. The roku then restarts.
  • I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the server and the roku app.
  • The issues I'm experiencing are not an issue with Plex. Any video that crashes the roku with Emby works fine when played under Plex.
  • I reinstalled the Emby app on my roku after having it uninstalled for a week and the first video seemed to load fine. I went to another video and it crashed the roku as it has previously.

I have attached all of my server logs zipped (80MB+) that are available. Password: 123

Please let me know if you need anything else from me and I will do my best to provide it.

Thank you.

logs.7z

logs.zip

logs12.20.2015.7z

logs12.20.2015.zip

@@PattersonFamily update your roku. This is why your files fail.

@@luke9511

Your issue is different. Somewhere wires got crossed. Luke meant his reply for the fellow above you who hijacked your post. His trespass is solved by the answer above, so we can move back to your problem. The latest firmware on the Roku 2XS 3100X = Version 7.0 build 9044

Is this what yours shows?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/28679-cant-connect-to-roku-anymore&do=findComment&comment=276988

You can also use the secret platform screen in the post above. In the wifi screen turn the radio power all the way up. You can also adjust placement to a better spot less prone to interference using the wifi screen. There are still problems with the Roku 2XS and current firmware. Roku should address this eventually and your firmware will get another update but the present models may not.

Edited by speechles

luke9511

@@PattersonFamily update your roku. This is why your files fail.

@@luke9511

Your issue is different. Somewhere wires got crossed. Luke meant his reply for the fellow above you who hijacked your post. His trespass is solved by the answer above, so we can move back to your problem. The latest firmware on the Roku 2XS 3100X = Version 7.0 build 9044

Is this what yours shows?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/28679-cant-connect-to-roku-anymore&do=findComment&comment=276988

You can also use the secret platform screen in the post above. In the wifi screen turn the radio power all the way up. You can also adjust placement to a better spot less prone to interference using the wifi screen. There are still problems with the Roku 2XS and current firmware. Roku should address this eventually and your firmware will get another update but the present models may not.

thats the firmware it has but my issue is not a connection issue, basically the whole ruku freezes where not even the remote does anything except make the light on the front blink, it does not move between movies or screens and i have to unplug it and plug it back in to fix it, think of it like when your computer freezes up and your mouse does not move and your keyboard does not work so you have to hold in the power button to get it to shut down so you can start it back up again

ah okay well i thought maybe it was a emby issue but i was wrong thanks this thread is done

Eventually roku will sort this out. They have a freeze (no pun intended) right now on approving apps and publishing them (and I assume pushing firmware updates). Some time after the 11th of January you should see a firmware update. This approval/publishing freeze does not affect private/beta apps.

11/20- last submission date for channel review and possible publication in 2015

12/17- last date channels will be published in 2015

1/11/2016 - resumption of channel review and publication process.

Edited by speechles

PattersonFamily

Thanks for the response but as with luke9511 updating the roku isn't the issue. I didn't meant to hijack his thread, I only meant to inform that I'm having the identical issue as luke9511regarding this issue and providing additional troubleshooting info to help both his and my issue instead of creating a completely new (and duplicate) thread. I'll consider this a lesson learned and I will create my own post from this point forward.

I'll wait for roku to come up with a resolution then.

Thank you