Taglines issue

Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Emby is not reading taglines written by MCM and doing a none or local refresh removes taglines from xml.  And doing a refresh isn't populating them.  Can't get Identify to populate it either.

If I manually enter Tagline in Metadata Manager they stay in metadata.

Example of tag from MCM

<Tagline>Ted is Coming.</Tagline>
  <Taglines>
  </Taglines>

Example written by Emby

<Taglines>
  </Taglines>

Started looking at this around 17:30.

Happy2Play

Looks like this is only going to work with MCM generated metadata, if I export metadata to nfo then change reader order..

If generated by MCM in xml, Emby will not populate tagline.

It's unfortunate but as xml is no longer the default i am going to have to defer to community help on this. It looks like an isolated issue between the two apps and won't occur when running emby all by itself.

This also happens with movie.xml files created by Emby. Emby will not read the tagline, i just tried this on a test system with the latest dev release and still the same problem I explained here. The movie.xml file was created by the latest official release 3.0.5781.2

I migrated emby to a new server 2 months ago and it would be great if there would be a solution to this, so I can reuse my xml files instead of readding the taglines one by one.

server-63583974156.txt

• Like 2

Luke, I did a test to migrate my movie.xml files to nfo files, but the I have the problem the wrong date is written to the nfo files. So I can only start migrating to nfo files if this date problem is resolved.

565de37215479_Capture1.jpg

On the right side is the original movie.xml file, on the left resulting nfo file. The added date field is 2 hours earlier and premiered date is a day earlier?

I could also refresh the profiles from the internet to fill in the taglines, but this isn’t working for me because of my language settings. It is set to Dutch; Flemish, and there are not a lot of dutch taglines available, that is the reason I have been adding them manual in English. For other fields Emby falls back to the English version but not for the taglines.