Beta 1.0.0v

cmcg

I'm liking the changes.

While playing a trailer, the screensaver still kicks in.   This should be blocked while the trailer is playing.

In the sub-menus, when an image is displayed (ie: cast, episode, suggested) would the image be better on the left of the text instead of to the far right?   This might improve the layout with variable length titles, particular short titles.

I can 't get used to the tools menu pushing the whole screen across.  It just feels wrong and I can't recall seeing this effect on any other app with a side-menu.  I'll live with it if others like it but so far haven't seen much feedback since it was introduced.

Thanks

DrWatson

While playing a trailer, the screensaver still kicks in.   This should be blocked while the trailer is playing.

Do you only see this with the trailers? I have had a weird problem on one of my tv's where the screen saver kicks in during tv ep playback  -  the weirdness is I see it on my 55 h6400 but not on my 75 h6400 where are my mate sees it on his 75 h6400 but not his 55 h6400 neither of us have been able to nail down a setting in emby or on the tv that stops it happening. Sorry I really should post this in a bug report section but your issue seemed relevant.

I'm liking the changes.

While playing a trailer, the screensaver still kicks in. This should be blocked while the trailer is playing.

In the sub-menus, when an image is displayed (ie: cast, episode, suggested) would the image be better on the left of the text instead of to the far right? This might improve the layout with variable length titles, particular short titles.

I can 't get used to the tools menu pushing the whole screen across. It just feels wrong and I can't recall seeing this effect on any other app with a side-menu. I'll live with it if others like it but so far haven't seen much feedback since it was introduced.

Thanks

Hey @@SamES

I thought I was on top of screensaver control. The logic it there to turn it on and off during normal and trailer playback. And I've certainly never seen it during episode playback. That is very surprising.

The menu function is pretty much nailed on now. I've been through a couple of iterations to arrive at this. It's not really a functional thing in since the rest of the screen content would not be accessible with the menu open. It's just a visual device to emphasise the idea that the menu is hiding off screen and thus navigating to the left is the way to open it. That way there is no need for a menu button as such and touch remotes work much better. Also, now that all menus are transparent it wouldn't work as an overlay so I feel that the whole concept has come together nicely.

Putting the images to the right of the text in the submenu allows the use of the extra horizontal space left by portrait images. Doing the same with the images to the right might make text alignment more difficult. However, I do take you point. It might have the potential for a more comfortable fit in the centre area.

Edited by cmcg

DrWatson

@@cmcg

Pretty sure it is a Samsung issue (as it is the Samsung logo bouncing around the screen) which is why I havent mentioned it.

Edited by DrWatson

gogreenpower

@@cmcg

Pretty sure it is a Samsung issue (as it is the Samsung logo bouncing around the screen) which is why I havent mentioned it.

I get that too, not very often and I can't replicate it.

Green.

FrostByte

Same here.  Usually after the tv has been sitting there displaying photos from the apps screen saver with no input from me for a very long time (something like an hour or so) then the Samsung screen saver just kicks in

Yeah. I get that. Even with live tv it threatens to turn itself off after a couple of hours viewing unless you dismiss the dialogue. It may have a point!

• Like 1

gogreenpower

I get it within 10 minutes of turning the tv on and playing an episode, it's set to 2 hours in the Samsung menu

Green.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Can the lines in the main menu just be around the different sections like in the webclient, or is it an all or none thing?

5641fde152c91_menulines.jpg

CBers

Oh I see, not the Emby screensaver, the TV one. Got it.

Just updated to "j" and trying out the trailers, but the app's screensaver starts half way through the trailer.

If I press return, I exit the app.

Also, playback of photos folder that is empty, results in a black screen. I think a message stating an empty folder should be displayed, like it does if you enter the folder.

Also, can we have sub-folders listed at the start of the list if items, rather than at the end like it is currently please.

• Like 1

Hi @@cmcg, as per recent releases the TV menu option is missing if there is no top level folder of type TV (as expected).  

However, if a TV folder exists inside a top-level mixed-content folder then the TV menu is not shown (it should be).

I tried this fix and it seems to work well for mixed/unset top level folders as well as top-level TV folders.

It looks for either a TV Shows CollectionFolder or a TV view (if the enhanced TV view is enabled).

Server.getTvFolderId = function () {
    var folderId = null;
    var topFolderUrl = Server.getServerAddr() + "/Users/" + Server.getUserID() + "/Views";
    var topFolder = Server.getContent(topFolderUrl);
    for (var index = 0; index < topFolder.Items.length; index++) {
        if (topFolder.Items[index].Type == "CollectionFolder" || topFolder.Items[index].Type == "UserView"){
            if (topFolder.Items[index].CollectionType == "tvshows") {
                folderId = topFolder.Items[index].Id;
            }
        }
    }

return folderId;
}

• Like 1

CBers

Is there any chance of getting the volume button to work at any time not just during playback?

Green.

What do you want the volume button to do, other than turn the volume up/down?

gogreenpower

Just to adjust the volume... My volume button only works when I'm watching something in the app. When navigating it doesn't adjust the volume.

Green.

CBers

Just to adjust the volume... My volume button only works when I'm watching something in the app. When navigating it doesn't adjust the volume.

Green.

Is that an app issue, or the TV ??

CBers

When in a Season of a TV show, you can no longer get press right and go to the next episode. Obviously the left button functionality was removed previously, but the return button doesn't appear to work now.

When using 'More Episodes', the list of episodes starts from the beginning, not the current episode.

• Like 3

OSD fades in and out.
Sharpened up the media icons a little.
Added video resolution media icons for SD, 480p, 720p and 1080p.
Fixed: Cannot use "Add to Playlist" if a movie trailer was previously viewed.
Fixed: Music button not shown when theme music is playing.
Fixed: Music player controls conflict with slide show date/time overlay.

• Like 2

CBers

Still on "J" at the moment and noticed that the app is displaying the time as 23:20, when the correct time on the TV was 17:08!!

Did we ever find out how/where the app got the time from?

FrostByte

Can the version be added to the About screen?  I noticed it was removed from the menu (I assume to use the limited space) but if I miss the version number when it first starts it would be nice to scroll to About to get it so I don't need to restart the app

• Like 3

FrostByte

Still on "J" at the moment and noticed that the app is displaying the time as 23:20, when the correct time on the TV was 17:08!!

The time on mine is correct.  Nothing changed for me and I'm on "k" now

Did we ever find out how/where the app got the time from?

I'm more interested in where other people's apps get their time from! Are their any other open source Samsung apps we can look at?

FrostByte

I'm more interested in where other people's apps get their time from! Are their any other open source Samsung apps we can look at?

Is Plex open source?