No sound in Firefox on Linux

PureTryOut

PureTryOut

Whatever video I play, using Firefox 41.0.2 on Arch Linux and Emby server 3.0.5780.36522 on Ubuntu 15.10, I have no sound.

The video itself seems to play fine, and using Chromium on Linux, or even Firefox on Windows, the audio plays fine too. The issue is just on Firefox on Linux.

According of reports of some people I know, they had the same issue using Firefox on Linux.

I made sure the audio is not muted both on the system and in the web player, and I have a proper audio file selected.

PureTryOut

Well I created a thread in the right section, described the problem in my own words, saw no error message (it just played without audio), and included server, client and OS versions.

I could show you logs but there are a lot of them... Which one do you want to see? The giant server log, or the transcode logs (which just seems to be logs of ffmpeg)?

The transcode log is here and the server log is way too big to copy-paste, as my browser has even trouble displaying it properly.

That log looks fine so I'm not sure what the issue is. You could try Firefox 42 beta as it will have a lot of playback improvements

PureTryOut

I was going to install the beta, but 42 stable arrived in the Arch repo's today, and it doesn't have this problem! Thanks for your answer, it might be useful for users of distros with older versions in their repo's.

• Like 1