Error getting guide data

Snapper

Snapper

Hello,

I am attempting to setup LiveTV with an HDHomeRun Extend using local antenna.  I was getting guide data for a few channels, but most of the channels have no guide data.  Here is a snipet from the log file:

2015-11-02 12:14:59.4930 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/token
2015-11-02 12:14:59.6195 Info - App: Authenticated with Schedules Direct token: 1f4e1e9d5424e1ca5c3bdb050e8fb02c
2015-11-02 12:14:59.6201 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/lineups/USA-OTA-53074
2015-11-02 12:14:59.7769 Info - App: Found 57 channels on the lineup on ScheduleDirect
2015-11-02 12:14:59.7769 Info - App: Mapping Stations to Channel
2015-11-02 12:14:59.7826 Info - App: Added 54 channels to the dictionary
2015-11-02 12:14:59.9337 Info - App: Channel Station ID is: 25020
2015-11-02 12:14:59.9462 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/schedules
2015-11-02 12:15:00.4459 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/programs
2015-11-02 12:15:20.4689 Error - App: Error getting response from https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/programs
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5781.0
	Command line: /usr/local/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /usr/local/emby/var -ffmpeg /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe
	Operating system: Unix 3.10.35.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /usr/local/emby/var
	Mono: 3.10.0 (tarball Sat Mar 28 10:18:33 UTC 2015)
	Application Path: /volume1/@appstore/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	One or more errors occurred
	System.AggregateException
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[System.Net.WebResponse].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	Aborted.
	  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[System.Net.WebResponse].InnerInvoke (System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1 tcs, System.Func`2 endMethod, IAsyncResult l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Any thoughts on why this error is occurring? The same error occurs when Emby tries to get the schedule data for each of the channels that are missing guide data.

Thanks,

Brian

Snapper

rkulagow turned on debugging for my Schedules Direct account.  He said that he is not seeing any attempts to connect to the server from my account.  I did get data earlier in the day yesterday before debugging was enabled on my SD account.  I was only getting it for a handful of channels though.  I upgraded to the latest server build, and now it seems that I am not able to get any SD data.  Any thoughts, or things I can check to see what's going on here?  I already verified my account information.

i would just run the refresh guide operation. the server is definitely trying to reach schedules direct, as shown above.

Snapper

@@Luke, I wonder if I am having the same issue that was discussed in this thread.  Yesterday the guide updates were taking just under 3 mins to run.  This morning it took only 20 seconds, and that's when I asked rkulagow to check the SD side.  I restarted the server, and now the guide updates are taking just under 3 minutes again.  I attached the two server log files, one from when it took 20 seconds, and then another after I restarted the server and re-ran the guide update.

Update from rkulagow: "OK, once the application has pulled the schedules, it's supposed to make a request to the server for the programs that it needs. The request that you're sending is blank."

server_11-3-15_post-restart.log

server_11-3-15_pre-restart.log

Edited by Snapper

Snapper

The guide update failed to run for the 2nd day in a row.  At the start of a new calendar day, the guide doesn't run the same until I restart the server.  Looks like I am at the very least experiencing something similar to the link I previously posted.  Any help that I can get with these two issues is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

the job doesn't run at startup, it runs every 12 hours.in your previous log it did run but there were failures to reach the schedules direct json service. that is probably what is continuing to happen, but you'd have to post the logs for us to find out for sure.

Snapper

What other logs are you looking for?  Is there something other than the Emby server log that you need?  I am happy to provide whatever you need, but I am not clear on what you are looking for that isn't in one of the 3 logs I posted.

As for the job running every 12 hours, the two issues don't appear to be related because I can workaround one of them with a server restart.  You certainly know better than me, and maybe my lack of understanding is making this more complicated.  If that's the case please say so and I will shut up about it.  This is how I see it:

• One issue with my Emby server not even attempting to logon to SD after 1 calendar day passes
  • Another issue with my Emby server not sending the programming information to SD after the server is restarted and a manual or scheduled guide update is run in the same calendar day as the server restart

The behavior is definitely different after the server is restarted and a guide update is run within the same calendar day as is proven by what rkulagow sees on the SD side.

Once again, thanks for your help, and I am hopeful that you can help me figure out what's going wrong.

run the refresh guide operating from scheduled tasks and then post the log file form that time period. from what i can see your server is failing to reach the schedules direct server, which is probably why he's reporting no activity

Snapper

For whatever reason, the issue with the guide update task not running properly the next calendar day has fixed itself.  Still having the same issue with it not sending program data to SD.

Luke, can you please take a look at the log above when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Brian

Edited by Snapper

Well here is a summary

2015-11-04 22:32:16.8186 Error - App: Error getting programs
The request timed out

It looks like an issue of connectivity. I suppose for the next release i can try increasing the timeout lengths, although it is already high at 60 seconds.

rkulagow

From the server side, the request for programs has no programs in it, so there's nothing that the server can send back.

Can Emby log the request array in "super debug mode" before sending it so that we can compare what's on your side before it gets to me?

Snapper

From the server side, the request for programs has no programs in it, so there's nothing that the server can send back.

Can Emby log the request array in "super debug mode" before sending it so that we can compare what's on your side before it gets to me?

Luke, do you have any thoughts on the above from rkulagow?  My trial has expired with SD.  I am hoping SD can give me an extension, but ideally that will be aligned with being able to test a fix or some additional troubleshooting steps.

In the release that went out yesterday I doubled the timeout lengths from 60 to 120, so i would think that makes it worth retrying once the linux package for your server is updated. unfortunately we don't have any settings to increase the amount of logging apart from the server setting for debug logging, which it appears you've already enabled.

Snapper

Ok, I updated my server to 3.0.5781.1.  I am still having the same issue where the program data being sent to Schedules Direct is empty.  I attached the log file in case anyone is interested.

guide_update.log

try manually specifying the number of days of guide data to download, or putting it back to auto if you changed it at some point.

Snapper

Thanks for the response.  It was on auto, so I set it to 3 days.  I ran the guide update, and there is no change from before.

Edited by Snapper

Snapper

Is anyone else running the Mono build of Emby server and able to get guide data?  I am wondering if it's something unique to just me, or unique to the platform.

Snapper

I don't think it's platform specific as of now

So is it worth doing a backup, rebuild, and restore of my Emby installation?  Not sure what else to do here.  It doesn't seem to be a connectivity issue, because rkulagow can see me login and there is log data on both sides showing some communication.  Could it be a dependency issue, such as Mono version?

Snapper

I had all sorts of hit or miss issues under freenas with guide data for emby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So did you switch to another platform, or just stop using Emby for guide data?