Schedules Direct exceptions causing LiveTV missing EPG

archangelz

archangelz

I'm having a lot of problems with the latest release and getting guide data for schedules direct. This was working up to a few days ago and some time after the 3.0.5724.5 upgrade the server stopped providing data. Credentials for SD did not change during this time. I tried to add and remove SD as the EPG provider but am now not able to see a lineup when I enter in my postal code for this because of the other issue

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24745-cant-set-up-schedules-direct/ 

So I was not getting EPG data after the 3.0.5724.5 update, tried to re-add in the SD account, country comes up now, enter postal code, no lineups appear and old EPG fetches seem to be throwing exceptions in the logs.

Can anyone help out with the missing EPG issue? Logs attached. 

server-63578649600.zip

Edited by archangelz

the requests to schedules direct are throwing an error that suggests there's an issue with your account. you'll have to check with them. in the future we'll make the reason for failure more visible from the emby side.

archangelz

It looks like this was working last night at around midnight. 

2015-09-24 00:24:22.0483 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/token
2015-09-24 00:24:22.3349 Info - App: Authenticated with Schedules Direct token: 56ef5c0f49d41e774c61527c8ea9a9b4
2015-09-24 00:24:22.3349 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/lineups/CAN-0008100-X
2015-09-24 00:24:22.9017 Info - App: Found 448 channels on the lineup on ScheduleDirect
2015-09-24 00:24:22.9017 Info - App: Mapping Stations to Channel
2015-09-24 00:24:22.9037 Info - App: Added 448 channels to the dictionary

But part way through the new it looks like that call started failing
2015-09-24 12:38:19.0607 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Refresh Guide
2015-09-24 12:38:19.0607 Info - App: Queueing task RefreshChannelsScheduledTask
2015-09-24 12:38:19.0607 Info - App: Executing Refresh Guide
2015-09-24 12:38:19.0607 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/lineups/CAN-0008100-X
2015-09-24 12:38:19.3551 Error - App: Error getting response from https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/lineups/CAN-0008100-X
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5724.5
Command line: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
System.Net.WebException
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

Should the guide retain all of the available EPG information when a call like this fails instead of just showing a blank listing for all the channels? As for the account issue (403), the credentials are all the same and never got changed in the night but for some reason the calls are now failing. I can't tell if this works anymore because I removed the SD account before to see if the missing EPG data was a problem with my login but I can't re-add because of the SD add issue posted in the other thread I linked! I can login to SD's website and look at all the lineups fine too and NextPVR seems to be working still using the same credentials....

Edited by archangelz

Emby can't render data if requests to SD are failing. If you can't select the lineup from within Emby then maybe your account has hit a limit. Like I said, in the future, we will parse the response to give you better information about what the problem is, but it is still ultimately something that has to be sorted out within the Schedules Direct account.

archangelz

Should Emby not be only updating the delta of program information updated on a nightly basis? On a guide refresh up to 7-14 days of data is downloaded at any given time. If a refresh fails on any given day, the data should still be accessible and should not just be wiped out for the nightly update no? So if a SD nightly update fails, more than likely at least six days of EPG data should be valid and available for use... or does an EPG update operation wipe out the entire 7 days of EPG cache at once?

The SD login problem self resolved though in any case. 

Should Emby not be only updating the delta of program information updated on a nightly basis? On a guide refresh up to 7-14 days of data is downloaded at any given time. If a refresh fails on any given day, the data should still be accessible and should not just be wiped out for the nightly update no? So if a SD nightly update fails, more than likely at least six days of EPG data should be valid and available for use... or does an EPG update operation wipe out the entire 7 days of EPG cache at once?

The SD login problem self resolved though in any case. 

Did you re-start the server and then the refresh guide started working again?

Luke, this looks like exactly what was happening to me.

archangelz

Yep. A server reboot and on the next refresh I didn't have the SD problems again and the guide started repopulating from scratch. 

Edited by archangelz

Yep. A server reboot and on the next refresh I didn't have the SD problems again and the guide started repopulating from scratch. 

Okay thx.  Yeah, I do think this is our problem but we haven't tracked it down yet.

• 3 weeks later...
archangelz

Any update on this? Seems like every second day or so the entire EPG flushes itself out regardless of the success on the previous night still on 3.0.5724.6.

venom986

This sounds similar to portions of my issues too. I definitely think the existing guide data should not be deleted on a failed refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a problem that sounds similar to this with SD.

They tell me that the system uses a token and that you can only have one in use at a time per account.  This can be used on as many boxes as you like though.  I had my Emby server and my NPVR box both using SD and had not changed the time they were upgrading so they both tried to access at the same time.  Hence on or other would find an account failure.  Changed the time and all works okay.

I'm still seeing this problem. I'm running version 3.0.5781.0 on Ubuntu 14.04. I've attached a log segment below.

A server restart fixes the problem temporarily, but the next day the guide data is gone and it won't refresh without another restart.

Echoing venom986's comment above, in addition to fixing the error, it would be nice to keep the existing guide data until you've successfully retrieved more. I'd rather have one day old data than none.

Thanks!

2015-10-31 10:06:20.1878 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.131/lineup.json
2015-10-31 10:06:20.2268 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/lineups/USA-OTA-01505
2015-10-31 10:06:40.2276 Error - App: Error getting response from https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/lineups/USA-OTA-01505
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5781.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
	Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.66
	Processor count: 2
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
	Mono: 4.0.3 (Stable 4.0.3.20/d6946b4 Thu Aug 13 12:46:26 UTC 2015)
	Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	One or more errors occurred.
	System.AggregateException
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[System.Net.WebResponse].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsyncInternal>c__async4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	Aborted.
	  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[System.Net.WebResponse].FromAsyncCoreLogic (IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2 endFunction, System.Action`1 endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2015-10-31 10:06:40.2282 Error - App: Error adding metadata
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5781.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
	Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.66
	Processor count: 2
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
	Mono: 4.0.3 (Stable 4.0.3.20/d6946b4 Thu Aug 13 12:46:26 UTC 2015)
	Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
	  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsyncInternal>c__async4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.Common.Net.HttpResponseInfo].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsync>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.Common.Net.HttpResponseInfo].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<Get>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1[System.IO.Stream].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.Listings.SchedulesDirect+<AddMetadata>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV+<GetChannelsAsync>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.AggregateException
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[System.Net.WebResponse].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	Aborted.
	  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[System.Net.WebResponse].FromAsyncCoreLogic (IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2 endFunction, System.Action`1 endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2015-10-31 10:06:40.2688 Info - App: No Schedules Direct Station found for channel 2.1 with name WGBH-HD

archangelz

I'm actually getting a lot less of this now. Played around with the scheduled tasks to move the guide refresh time around so it doesn't overlap with my NPVR and dropped the refresh time from every 12 hours to 24 hours. I'm seeing a lot less problems now doing this and have only had one day in the last 12 lose guide data completely versus every second day before. 

Of course this only covers the NPVR overlap issue and not if the server is unavailable altogether or something like that. Speaking of NPVR though, once the EMBY LiveTV plugin for KODI this should happen even less.