Error getting guide data

Snapper

I'm pretty sure I found the problem, thanks. it's resolved for the next release. Thank you for helping to chase it down.

venom986

I swapped to windows with drivepool instead of freenas - for several reasons, this being one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by venom986

Snapper

I'm pretty sure I found the problem, thanks. it's resolved for the next release. Thank you for helping to chase it down.

Good to hear Luke.  Thanks for the update.

Snapper

Hi Luke, I updated to 5781.2, and it seems to have resolved some of the issue.  I am now getting guide data for several channels.  There are a few that I am not.  Some of them are due to SD not having guide data for those channels, but some of the others are due to an error.  I posted the log from the guide update for your review.  I also asked rkulagow if he can check the SD side.

guide_update_11-17-15_5781-2.log

Thanks,

Brian

I do stand by my original assessment of networking problems on your machine. The only thing my fix did was explicitly specify the dates we want from SchedulesDirect instead of taking the default 14, that way if you specify 3 days of guide data we're only downloading 3 days. This change has made the connection timeouts less likely to happen, but they could still happen and this log is showing that. Some of the requests in this log are still using the default 20 second timeout length, I can bump those up just like I did the others and that will make this less likely to happen. 

I am guessing there is nothing for rkulagow to look at and that he is going to come back and say that everything looks fine from the SD side.

Snapper

You are correct.  Jumbo frames was causing issues for whatever reason.  I didn't notice any issues with other services, but all seems well now.  Thanks for your help.

• Like 1