After Update and CLEAN Database all Image and Tumb LOST

Psycnotics

Psycnotics

Ok, so before i go sleep.

1. Luke, the file from Post #53 does 3 scan media library in a row, means if finish one starts the next. (this is after u edit wizardfinish.html i think.)

here :  <a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/media-browser-for-ios/id705058087" target="_blank">

<a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/emby/id992180193?ls=1&mt=8" target="_blank">

hmmm, is strange i know, but before ther do just 1 scan, now he do 3 in a row. Thats cant be ??????????? why itunes ?? i´m MS Server. 

or is somethink in the metadataadvanced.html  .. but this is from 12.11.2015

i dunno, i´m the HARDWARE and SERVER PEOPLE not the scripter/programmer.

2. i´m on version 3.0.5781.1 now, with DISABLE Clean Databsae and all works.

3. the proplem is 100% in the Clean Database and the SQLlight integration, there change somethink.

4. I WILL TEST MORE to resolve the Proplem, so give me more files to test. I will help. If it takes 200 Times to Test....... OK  i do it. Give me all. I can role back to 3.0.5724.6, many times if need.

5. I have Test too the Version from Luke (Post #53) with the file (XXXX:\System\dashboard-ui\metadataadvanced.html) from the version 3.0.5724.6, no change, same think, all LOST.

Martin

Edited by Psycnotics

Psycnotics

i´m here to help Luke :D . Give me Test Files

Night, i go to speep now, here is 03:28 AM :mellow: , my wife will kill me if they know that i´m not sleeping.

Tomorrow i help like i can.

Martin

Edited by Psycnotics
  • Like 1

lulzyatlas

Is there a way for the ID generation in future version to result in the same ID based on file name and path or even simpler enable Metadata in folders on a per path basis? I have a good deal of media on a drive that's failed into a current state of 30s+ response times when accessing a lot of little files, which was causing a lot of issues with the server and clients when trying to load views/metadata. That and I generally wasn't too fond of all my data storing drives being spun up everytime metadata was loaded en masse as opposed to one. Furthermore, my server accesses some media stored on a networked drive on a neighbor's router, and I didn't want to store Metadata in their folders as they use a different front end.

Alternatively, I moved all metadata over to a central location on a SSD for quicker access (my installation too, not that it matters), and general modularity (if I ever need to wipe metadata I can just nuke the folder instead of running commands to clean the relevant filetypes). The ID thing appears to bite when the drive becomes inaccessible, usually a I/O device error that resolves itself after reboot, however the period of unreadability causes Emby to logically think the files it can't see are all gone and remove them from the library. However when the system is rebooted and the files all found and readded, metadata is snatched all over, under a new set of files for the items alongside the old ones.

Your server is installed to

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server

Some of the paths it is deleting are located in:

C:\Users\martin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server

Did you manually move your server installation at some point or another?

Psycnotics

Did you manually move your server installation at some point or another?

yes, 2 jears ago i have mouve Emby to the Server. But i have never had problems.

Psycnotics

how can i change the path ???

seems he search at C:\Users\martin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\views\TV and not at C:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\views\TV

015-11-14 01:55:24.0981 Info - App: Deleting item from database TV because path no longer exists. type: UserView path: C:\Users\martin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\views\TV
2015-11-14 01:55:24.0981 Debug - App: Deleting item, Type: UserView, Name: TV, Path: C:\Users\martin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\views\TV, Id: 3fbf320c-1c0f-7113-21d0-5c1a38eedb83
2015-11-14 01:55:24.0981 Debug - App: Deleting path C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\metadata\3f\3fbf320c1c0f711321d05c1a38eedb83

Psycnotics

ok, i have make a copy from (data, ImageByName and root) c:\Users\Administrator\appdata\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ to a new Folder c:\Users\Martin\appdata\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ and the Database Clean pass without error.

All images are OK.

Thats starnge, Emby is searching on the old Path, but why?  it works for more than 2 Years. How can i edit the path ?

5647747a454b8_Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by Psycnotics

2 years ago emby server was not entirely safe to move anytime you want. if you install the server fresh, now it is safe, but it wasn't always that way.

are you all set now? because i was going to just give you some kind of hack to stop the database cleanup, but if you solved it, that's even better.

Psycnotics

Hi Luke,

yes is work now. With the old Path and a Copy of the 3 Emby Folders all images are Ok.

i´m on the last Stable version now.

thanks for your help.

• Like 1