After Update and CLEAN Database all Image and Tumb LOST

Psycnotics

Psycnotics

Hi,

after update last EMBY Server i lost all PERSONAL Image and Tumb, from Films and TV Shows. I have done this 2 Days ago on the LIVE SYSTEM and i lost all IMAGES. I have recover the old EMBY Server (3.0.5724.6) from Backups and i TEST ist again on a VM, same think, all lost.

After UPDATE the CLEAN DATABASE starts and take around 20 mins, after this all IMAGE are lost.

greets

Martin

Psycnotics

and one more BUG for last stable version: USER without ADMIN rights can change IMAGE from Films and TV Shows at the Home Screen of WEB GUI.

Psycnotics

Last think, and realy BIG BUG. My Windows Server 2012 R2  have 32 GB RAM, after install last EMBY SERVER he is at 100%. i have 0 % Ram free.

The same think happens on the VM Server, 16 GB RAM, after update to last EMBY and 1 CLEAR DATABASE the ram usage ist at 100%.

Last think, and realy BIG BUG. My Windows Server 2012 R2  have 32 GB RAM, after install last EMBY SERVER he is at 100%. i have 0 % Ram free.

The same think happens on the VM Server, 16 GB RAM, after update to last EMBY and 1 CLEAR DATABASE the ram usage ist at 100%.

It isn't possible for our process to use more than 2GB of ram (without special mods to the exe).  Just FYI.

Psycnotics

i dont know how, but i test it right now on a new Server 2012 r2 with 64 GB Ram, same think. After Update the new version and the first automatic Database Clean the Server Ram isf full. The hole 64 Gb Ram. 99,89 % in use.

Happy2Play

Okay all your Ram is being used but what process is eating up all the Ram?

Psycnotics

Thats the Problem, all is regular but the RAM ist gone. There is no Process listet in the Task Manager or Resource Monitor with the Lost RAM. I make a Screenshoot in 20 mins.

Psycnotics

Update: The Update to the new Version works (no more Ram fail), the FIRST Database Clean works too now. But after the Server do a full Database scan, 80% of image,thumb etc. are lost.( the personal image, the Image that i set) all the Auotmatic Image are done.

And USERS can always edit the Images in the Web GUI.

Greets,

Martin

Psycnotics

Always the same Proplem. i try lastet version 3.0.5781.1 . After the FIRST Scan Media Libary ALLE personal Image are lost. i´m here the only one with this problem? I spend years to personal al images, i want lose it. I role back to the old version.

563fd6767e014_Unbenannt1.png

563fd68b017db_Unbenannt2.png

Psycnotics

i have backup now 3.0.5724.6 again.

My settings for datatbase :

563fecd3e8b5d_Unbenannt.png

there are NOT in Media Folder. Any Idea?

Martin

Psycnotics

i dont understand what happens, seems like that somethink has change in the database. The New scan overwrite all my changes. I dunno what to do, can i import the DB in mysql or MSsql or somethink?

What can i do to forbid Emby to delete or overwride my images??

Martin

Edited by Psycnotics

I would definitely turn on the option to save the metadata and images with the media if you are customizing it because not doing that means that they are being saved in a server area that could get cleaned out by any number of things.

Psycnotics

my English is to bad but i try to explain me. If i do it NOW to enable saving the metadata in media folders, they will save ALL my images? i mean, they sync all i have done in the last years ?

Martin

I'm not really sure what' the issue is. In your example in post #13, when you view the item in the browser, does it have the same id in the query string in both server versions?

my English is to bad but i try to explain me. If i do it NOW to enable saving the metadata in media folders, they will save ALL my images? i mean, they sync all i have done in the last years ?

Martin

No, it will not migrate your images to the new locations.  All future images would be saved to the media folders.

I'm not really sure what' the issue is. In your example in post #13, when you view the item in the browser, does it have the same id in the query string in both server versions?

I think his issue is that he is creating a bunch of custom artwork but NOT saving that artwork with the media.  So, any number of situations could cause him to lose all that custom artwork.

One would be a clean install of everything.

Another would be what you are suspecting - a change in something that causes the items to have a different ID.

Psycnotics

I think his issue is that he is creating a bunch of custom artwork but NOT saving that artwork with the media.  So, any number of situations could cause him to lose all that custom artwork.

One would be a clean install of everything.

Another would be what you are suspecting - a change in something that causes the items to have a different ID.

Yes.

One would be a clean install of everything. = never :)  i spend like 3 Years to custom all my Thumps and Images. There are TONNS of Videos and TV Shows, is too mutch work.

Another would be what you are suspecting - a change in something that causes the items to have a different ID. = Yes, this problem is after the new Image EDIT function.

I wonder that NOONE have the same problem like me, is realy strange.