After Update and CLEAN Database all Image and Tumb LOST

Psycnotics

Psycnotics

My question is, why it works for years ? and with the Version 3.0.5781.0 is a change? There must be a solutions. i want to upgrade to 3.0.5781.1 but there is no way, i try all. I lost 95% of all my Pictures.

Deathsquirrel

My question is, why it works for years ? and with the Version 3.0.5781.0 is a change? There must be a solutions. i want to upgrade to 3.0.5781.1 but there is no way, i try all. I lost 95% of all my Pictures.

I know it doesn't help, but this is why you save the metadata locally and make backups.

Psycnotics

i have Backups (60 Days) but there are NOT Store the MEDIADATA in the Media Folder. If i have the Options in this Software to store the metadata in a different Folder, so i have do it. I have done it, becouse i have in this way more performance.

The only options i have is to role back to the version 3.0.5724.6, thats work fine with some little Bugs.

i use Mediabrowser like 4 or 5 Years, i dont remember. I have always store my metadata in the **/appdata/Roamaing/**  folder. is always work realy good and fast. There was a BIG change in 3.0.5781.0 and i dont understand why ? I think the Proplem is with the new Image Edit option, tihis change something in the Sqllite DB.

I´m realy frustrated, i have try everythink, no chance. i´m stuck on Version 3.0.5724.6.

I have now the version 3.0.5724.6 and 3.0.5781.1 on the same Server live. The Version 3.0.5781.1 not work realy, all my Images are lost, i try meantime in version 3.0.5781.1 to set my Pictures but is lost time. Is too mutch work, thats never works.

Is here REALY noone with the same Problem ????

Martin

Edited by Psycnotics

Psycnotics

Hi Luke, Ok here ist the Version 3.0.5724.6.  :

5643ba8e82e82_2.png

and here the Version 3.0.5781.1  :

5643babf5a779_1.png

this happens after the first database clean and scan.

thank you.

this happens after the first database clean and scan.

can you post the server log from this time period?

i will take a closer look at what the reason might be. in the screenshot you posted in post #18 - http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26866-after-update-and-clean-database-all-image-and-tumb-lost/?p=265300

does the new version have the same settings?

Psycnotics

update: i have last Night start to addit the lost Pictures in the version 3.0.5781.1. After i have start it now all is again lost !!!

Emby makes a Celan Database and a Scan Libary, after this all ist Lost again ...

Yes all settings are the same.

This is the Serverlog 3.0.5781.1 after i have start it today. I have set like 100 Images last night, all lost again.

server-63582878524.txt

Edited by Psycnotics

xnappo

Just FYI - you are not crazy.  This happened to several other people, including myself.  That said - no one else had the ability to go back to an earlier version to recreate the problem - so definitely appreciate you working with the team to debug the issue.

I spent probably 8 hours fixing mine - obviously I turned on storing in folders now!

xnappo

Psycnotics

Hi Xnappo,

sure , i help to debug. I stuck on version 3.0.5724.6 and i want to upgrade to the last version.

i make a video now from  a update from 3.0.5724.6 to 3.0.5781.1 and post it on utube, so u can see what happens. After this i go go back to 3.0.5724.6.

i post it in like 20 mins or so

Martin

• Like 1

Psycnotics

hi Luke,

i have finish now the first test file. Now i´m sure that the fail is with the FIRST Database Clean. I have done only the first Database Clean and my Image are gone.

here are the 2 Server logs from 3.0.5724.6. to 3.0.5781.1  from Post #36 .  I hope this Helps.

I try now the second one from Post #41

server-63582963348.txt

server-63582963383.txt

Edited by Psycnotics

ok, we really need debug logging turned on to find out more info. can you please go back to 3.0.5724.6, enable debug logging under Advanced. Then reapply the zip file again and repeat. This time you don't need to wait the full 50 minutes for the clean database operation to complete. Give it 10 minutes then post the log from that. thanks.

Psycnotics

ok Luke, i on it. I just go back to 3.0.5724.6. takes just 15 Mins or so and i enable debug logging. Then i try with ur last test file and i send the Log Files.

Psycnotics

sorry the Backup takes a bit more Time, i need 20 mins to finish backup, i send Log files after i finish to role back.

Martin