Just want an easy way to change subtitles

Tomast
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi, I will be brief, I want to suggest a new tool or option to change the subtitles while seeing the movie/tv show/etc..

Nowadays, when I add a new file to mediabrowser, it downloads the subtitle automatically and that's a great tool, but sometimes it download a wrong version and its desynchronized so I have to go to the server and to the metadata manager and choose the file and select the sub option and then download the second option which is mostly the correct one (if it's not the first)

So my idea is, why can we get some option to download the second sub directly in the player or with fewer clicks. Also be able to do it on the Android, AndroidTv app and WebClient. These will make Emby really better for us, the users who use subs.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

You can do this from the web client and android. Have you tried the latest mobile android version? Navigate to the detail screen of a movie, click the 3-dot menu button -> Edit Subtitles. I think you'll find it very easy.

the feature will be coming to the web client soon. As for android tv, I'm sure it will get it too eventually, just needs time.

• Like 1

You can do this from the web client and android. Have you tried the latest mobile android version? Navigate to the detail screen of a movie, click the 3-dot menu button -> Edit Subtitles. I think you'll find it very easy.

the feature will be coming to the web client soon. As for android tv, I'm sure it will get it too eventually, just needs time.

Thx luke, i have to admited that i have not use the last version of the app, I will try it right now,

thanks again!!

PS: its perfect!

Edited by Tomast
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
gabrielangst

This is not working... at least not with  the Android app. When i cast the movie to the Chrome PC it is possible to change de subtitles on the PC, but not with the Android App. When i access "edit subtitles" i can see both "eng default" and the other SRT file i downloaded, but it is not possible to change it, i can press it, but nothing happens and the default subtitle continues being displayed

Tried with chromecast, but had the same result: android app isn't able to change the subtitle. Even giving me the two options (eng and external srt) it just shows in the video the "eng default" that i think is embedded in the MP4 file.

Edited by gabrielangst

• Solution

Hi @@gabrielangst, edit subtitles is for downloading and deleting subtitle files. To change subtitles during video playback, click or tap the CC icon in the video player.

Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1