Unable to connect to server locally

TheKings

Happy2Play

I'm out of idea, port forwarding will only affect a WAN connections.  The only thing that would affect your LAN connectivity is a firewall.

Only other thing maybe to Uninstall and reinstall Emby.  Or if you have another machine to test a server install on.

I'm out of idea, port forwarding will only affect a WAN connections.  The only thing that would affect your LAN connectivity is a firewall.

Only other thing maybe to Uninstall and reinstall Emby.  Or if you have another machine to test a server install on.

Last night I tried both.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling on this computer, and still no connection.  I tried installing on a different pc, which is hard wired to the modem exactly the same way this computer is, and that server my devices found immediately.  

To me, I think that means it wasn't/isn't a firewall issue, as the other pc has the exact same connection.

I will be forced to use the other pc for emby (but at least it will finally work).  The other pc does not have the memory this one has, and I will have to take the blu-ray reader/writer out of this pc and put it into the other one.  Doable, but inconvenient.  

This pc runs windows 7 media center edition, is it possible that is part of the problem?  I only bring it up because although my issue is "resolved," you may run across someone else with this issue and that could be the reason (I don't know, just guessing).

Again, thank you for all  your help.

To me, I think that means it wasn't/isn't a firewall issue, as the other pc has the exact same connection.

Why did you come to that conclusion?  It is a different computer right?  To me that points to a difference in software or configuration between the two.

• Like 1

I said that because they use the same firewall software and the same modem.  Since it worked on one, and not the other, in my mind it can't be the firewall/modem.  So, yes, it is something in the configuration of the original pc, which is what I was saying.  

Everyone kept pointing me to an issue with the firewall or the network adapters.  So I starting posting pics to show how they were configured.  We ran out of ideas at that point, because they were all set correctly.  That tells me it is something in my original computer.  I simply thought I would mention the Windows Media Center Edition because it has it's own media player. 

Happy2Play

Just like Luke noted some people have issues disabling Windows Firewall and some don't.  Every setup is different.

Just like Luke noted some people have issues disabling Windows Firewall and some don't.  Every setup is different.

Does it really matter?  I wasted three weeks trying to get Emby to work on this computer.  Apparently it won't.  I will have to use the other one.

(I hope you're not saying that you believe that I don't know how to disable Windows Firewall).  

Does it really matter? I wasted three weeks trying to get Emby to work on this computer. Apparently it won't. I will have to use the other one.

(I hope you're not saying that you believe that I don't know how to disable Windows Firewall).

How could anyone possibly guess at your technical skill level apart from making assumptions based on you posts.

TheKings

Switched to Plex and my other apps find the server with zero issues.   :D

Edited by TheKings