Unable to connect to server locally

TheKings

If you Airport is bridged then you only need to portforward your Motorola.

http://routerguide.net/motorola-surfboard-sbg6580-port-forwarding-guide/

Having trouble with the cable router even with the guide you sent me.  I will call the cable company and ask them to help me get the port forwarded.  Thanks for all your help so far.

Windows firewall was configured to for both UDP and FTP for the port my server is on.  

That should be UDP and TCP...

I'm told by my ISP that they do not block that port (8096) and any further help is out of the scope of their support.

What do I do now?  This is as far as I got with the port forwarding (img. attached), but when I click on "Apply" I get a prompt to go back and fix the error.

post-71501-0-15117000-1443050897_thumb.png

Happy2Play

That looks correct.  Are you sure the Motorola is providing that IP range?  Is should be if your Airport is bridged.

That's what I'm told by my ISP.  They said they were not blocking port 8096.  I have attached a photo of the AirPort Utility showing it is set to bridged.

post-71501-0-97193300-1443057319_thumb.png

Here is the set up for AVG Internet Security Firewall:

I have these two rules set up on each of the three emby listiings.  Is this correct?

post-71501-0-47718700-1443124987_thumb.png

post-71501-0-91788000-1443124991_thumb.png

post-71501-0-84855200-1443124996_thumb.png

So, from what I can tell (and I've posted pics so you can see), my firewall is set up right, the port is not blocked by my ISP, my second network adapter is in bridged mode, but I still cannot connect with any device.  Does any one have any other idea what the issue might be?  I've spent about three weeks now trying to figure this out.  I'm sure it must be some setting somewhere, but I cannot figure it out myself.  Please help me guys, anyone?

Yeah, the path to our server application is an URL.  That should be the path to the actual MediaBrowserServer.exe file...

Yeah, the path to our server application is an URL.  That should be the path to the actual MediaBrowserServer.exe file...

where will I find this?

Happy2Play

"MediaBrowser.ServerApplication" the application.  I the program file to launch the server.

"MediaBrowser.ServerApplication" the application.  I the program file to launch the server.

Nothing happens when I double click the MediaBrowser.ServerApplication file.

Happy2Play

Is the server already running?  You should get a log saying (2015-09-25 17:23:57.6096 Info - Main: Found a duplicate process. Giving it time to exit.)

Edited by Happy2Play

Is the server already running?  You should get a log saying (2015-09-25 17:23:57.6096 Info - Main: Found a duplicate process. Giving it time to exit.)

yes, the server is running.  I have it set to run when I start windows.

That is the item you should be pointing your AVG firewall to to setup the rules.

When are you talking about double-clicking it...?

OK, I added the MediaBrowser.ServerApplication as the file my AVG points to.  I have both TCP and UDP allowed on port 8096.  Still no luck connecting though.  I tried rebooting the computer after I changed AVG just to check if I could log on.  I appreciate all the help so far, I honestly don't know what the issue is.

post-71501-0-60456900-1443300742_thumb.png

post-71501-0-42758100-1443301000_thumb.png

Edited by TheKings